Warranty Issue on SMT5600

Guest fatalnoise23

Guest fatalnoise23

Anyone have experience with Audiovox and their warranty exchange process? I've tried to call 5 times in the last month and they are always out of phones.... Seems a bit ridiculous to me...

Guest no0neelse

I called two weeks ago, and was told they would have some in the next week or so. Didn't get to call this past week, but I will try on Monday.

Anyone have experience with Audiovox and their warranty exchange process?  I've tried to call 5 times in the last month and they are always out of phones....  Seems a bit ridiculous to me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Socrates
I called two weeks ago, and was told they would have some in the next week or so.  Didn't get to call this past week, but I will try on Monday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to send my smt5600 out to Audiovox today.

Are you guys saying that it could be weeks or more before I have a working phone again?

Guest Socrates

I just called them back. I guess they have two ways to do this. One is to send the phone in for repair, then hope they get it back to you "eventually", and hope it doesn't break down again. The other is to do an exchange, for a NEW phone, NOT refurbished, which is GREAT, excpet, of course, they, THE OEM, have none in stock.

I asked them if they knew how ridiculous it sounds for them, the company whose name is on the top of the phone, not to have any in stock. They started telling me how they were just the service center, how it comes from overseas, etc. I cut them off and told them that that's their problem. I could care less how their company divides itself up, it's not my problem, but their bad customer service IS my problem, and that this would be the LAST Audiovox device I ever purchased.

Guest fatalnoise23

I've called them 10 times and still no replacements in stock... This and they won't pass me on to a supervisor... Tomorrow I am going to wait on hold until they get me a supervisor.

Guest Socrates

I put in a call to the coporate offices, and I got a voice mail this morning. I'm going to call back and I'll let you know what they say.

{angry rant removed since Audiovox was able to help me out}

Edited by Socrates

Guest Socrates

I am on the phone with the coroporate people right now, and they say they are getting me a phone shipped by tomorrow.

OK, so I have a phone being shipped. So it is possible to get one, you just have to be a squeaky wheel and call corporate.

I asked whether they felt that the in stock problem was too many phones were faulty or whether it was HTC holding out on them... they didn't know.

Edited by Socrates

Guest no0neelse

Did you get your new phone yet? I just called again today, again they said they didn't have any, and told me they would have some on Friday. Which corporate number did you call? There's a couple listed.

I am on the phone with the coroporate people right now, and they say they are getting me a phone shipped by tomorrow.

OK, so I have a phone being shipped. So it is possible to get one, you just have to be a squeaky wheel and call corporate.

I asked whether they felt that the in stock problem was too many phones were faulty or whether it was HTC holding out on them... they didn't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by no0neelse

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Socrates
Did you get your new phone yet? I just called again today, again they said they didn't have any, and told me they would have some on Friday.  Which corporate number did you call? There's a couple listed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did get the phone the next day.

I didn't want to post on here again out of paranois because they CHARGE you for the phone then refund it once they "approve" your warranty coverage - scary proposition if they get mad at you.

Now that I got my refund, :D I would encourage people having problems with Audiovox to flood the corporate offices with calls... otherwise they will keep up the bad service.

I suspect they aren't real interested in suppoerting or even thinking about that product anymore anyway since they probably are taking a bath on the whole deal with Cingular not carrying it over from ATT "yet".