Dust behind the screen of Orange SPVC500

Guest swam

yo,

Having read on this forum about users and similiar problems with dust appearing on the screen of the Orange spvc500 on this forum, I contacted Orange (UK) today.

I spoke to the advisor about the problem I am having with the dust which is starting to appear on both sides of the screen now, and advised him that having read some forums, Orange had recognised it as a definite fault with the first and second generation handsets.

He went away and talked to a colleague who did confirm that this was a problem officially recognised by Orange (so if an advisor tries to palm you off, they are talking rubbish) and he would have a handset to me by tomorrow (Monday 7th March) between 9am and 1pm, which is quite good speed.

He did warn that If I was just attempting to get a new handset that I would be charged for the handset, but I assured him that dust was definetly over the screen. So I will take some photos my end for proof, in case they try something.

So, hopefully tomorrow I will have a 3rd generation spv c500, I will post on here with the results I get, dust or no dust.

cheers

Sam

Sounds like a good result, well done :D

Do you have insurance or are you on contract or PAYG?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yo,

I am on contract without any insurance. Thing is they will probably send another generation 2 handset so we will see what happens, I can just keep sending em back again and again until they sort it out.

cheers

Sam

yo,

sigh oh sigh....new c500 handset arrived on monday, its thursday and the dust is back and this time its appearing around the top of the screen.

I called orange customer services again today and the advisor I spoke to who was very helpful, told me she would e-mail the technical department about me specifically getting hold of a generation 3 handset. I will leave it will monday and then give them a callback.

cheers

Sam