Free SDA + Co-Pilot - Good ?

Guest jklondon

Guest jklondon

http://www.zeewee.co.uk/868_T-Mobile_Pay_M...20Co-Pilot.html

Looks like a very good Phone / GPS package especially the Business Relax 200 Plan but anyone used co-pilot?

They say "Includes Co-Pilot GPS navigation which gives you spoken and on-screen turn instructions, satellite positioning, address-level street map, ETA and distance remaining, detour around traffic and 2D or 3D display with night mode"

But is the GPS unit talking to the phone via bluetooth ? :?:

Thanks

JK

Guest Drewtech

I use co-pilot having previously used the smartpath software on an iPAQ. I have only used it about 4 times so far. The mapping and directions seem to be accurate but the postcode lookup doesn't seem to work and I tend to find it difficult to find some destinations if I am not 100% suire of where they are. I was going to a destination in Runcorn but it didn't find the street as Runcorn but as some sub-district. Now I didn't even know the sub-district existed so it took me a few goes to be sure I had the right place.

The other criticism I have is that it doesn't always give you much warning of turning. Sometimes only a few seconds, sometimes more.

It certainly works but is not as good as the software I was used to. I don't know if Tom Tom is better or not.

Guest Gorskar

I emailed them (ukphoneshop.com - same company) and they said it does include the GPS reciever.

Therefore I put in my order for this package - although they've since emailed me and said its out of stock, but that they should be getting more in this week sometime.

Guest Confucious

Scancom also bundle CoPilot s/ware.

I use Co Pilot and have had no problems with it. It's great! But you do need a BT GPS receiver and I lost mine :D and the replacement doesn't work :D But I have an RMA and they will replace it :D

Checkout http://www.sempsons.com for GPS receivers and don't forget that Plus members get a 10% discount ;)

Guest Gorskar

YAY my new SDA has just arrived.... its charging now.

And the Copilot software does come with the BT receiver - seems quite a nice package - includes a 256mb mini-sd card too to put the phone software on.

I'll give it a try once chargin is complete...

Incidently if anyone is thinking of going for this package and is having to pay money for it then I have some vouchers for £15 off at UKphoneshop.com (on contract phones only) - drop me a PM and I'll send you the code (and they give me £10 if you use em, so its win win :D )