c500, jabra 250v, delay in sound

Guest marmin

Guest marmin

I have a c500 and a new Jabra 250v which is fine EXCEPT that when I pick up a call or make a call via voicedial, the sound in the earpiece seems to take a few seconds to start. The microphone starts straight away. I have the latest updates etc. I consider myself fairly technically minded (this being my second spv and I easily build pcs etc) but this is driving me and anyone who calls me nuts, if this is normal, its pants and excuse my ignorance.

Guest Drewtech

I have the C500 and BT250. There is definitely a slight delay before the call is picked up but it isn't seconds, maybe 1 or so, and I think both the mic and speaker start at the same time.

Guest marmin

i definat have mic b4 earpiece as callers can hear me but i cant hear them, sometimes when i ring my home phone the answer phone message is the first thing i hear (comes in after five complete rings)

thanks for the reply, its my first post ever anywhere

Guest jimbouk

I think you will find that the mic on the phone is what the other person hears before the bt headset cuts in. Mine does it too. I have free calls to ansaphone, so if I am due to make an important call, I call that first and the headset cust in about three secs into call. I then hang up and make the call I actually wanted to and the headset cuts in as soon as the phone starts ringing.

It's not great when you answer a call when you havent used the headset for a while though, as the three second delay tends to affect those. But as I only use the headset in the car, I can say "hello" and the caller hears me over the phone's mic anyway.

i definat have mic b4 earpiece as callers can hear me but i cant hear them, sometimes when i ring my home phone the answer phone message is the first thing i hear (comes in after five complete rings)

thanks for the reply, its my first post ever anywhere

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest DomConway

The only way I found round this is when you're calling someone and it's ringing but you can't hear it in the headset, hit the right softkey on your phone and choose "turn on handsfree" (or something to that effect) - that ensures it's on from that moment. I found it will then work fine with no delay til next time you reset the Jabra.