When will we see a new HTC model?

Guest calle

Guest calle

Any ideas on when HTC will announce a new model based on PPC Phone Edition? If you check the previous announce-dates it should be anytime soon (I hope!).

2004, 4Q - HTC Magician (Qtek s100, MDA Compact, I-mate JAM, Dopod 818)

2004, 3Q - HTC Blue Angel (Qtek 9090, MDA III, O2 XDA III, SPV M2000)

2004, 2Q - HTC Alpine

(Dates is from the i-mate editions on www.gsmarena.com)

Or will we not see any completely new model for some time? Only updated versions of the old ones? Like the HTC Alpine update?

Edited by calle

Guest Pondrew

They've already announced the latest. It's the HTC Universal also known as MDA IV and SPV 3G.

It's in the Pocket PC / News forum...

Quote from Anton at Mobile Review

Samsung i750 is one of Pocket PC sliders by the company (also there is a CDMA model i730 having a QWERTY-keypad instead of a digital one in the i750). The model is run by Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC in GSM standard, GPRS and EDGE are supported. Besides there are such attributes of a modern Pocket PC as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The 65K touchscreen is 2.8" in diagonal has the resolution of 320x240 pixels. Hot change of T-Flash card is possible. The dimensions are 104x51x24 mm, while the weight is 150 grams. By the launch moment the device will have direct rivals by Asus and HTC (not announced still), all the devices are to appear approximately at the same time in the end of 2005.

So it looks like HTC will be announcing a new small wifi phone. Im betting on the Jam 2...

--

rmg.

• 1 month later...
Guest bronksy

Just out of intetrest. whats the delio on the Samsung i730. Looks quite similar to the M2000? What are the chances of it making onto Orange?

Any news on the new PPC phone devices on Orange that could follow Bill's 'Magneto' annonuncement next week?

I was considering an M2000 but not sure if to wait for some new things (the eternal dilema)

Guest fraser
Just out of intetrest. whats the delio on the Samsung i730. Looks quite similar to the M2000? What are the chances of it making onto Orange?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yuk, that sure is one ugly phone:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000940024736/

To be honest, it's specs look similar to several existing phones, yet it's not out until the end of 2005? Sounds like a dodo to me! It'll be up against phones with much higher resolutions (VGA) when it launches.

Edited by fraser