Orange UK PAYG C500 with Orange France SIM card

Guest Mark T

Guest Mark T

If I buy an Orange UK PAYG SPV C500 (using an address in the UK), does anybody know whether I could use it with my Orange France contract SIM?

Do I have to unlock the phone first?

Do I have to load an Orange France ROM?

It's not available on PAYG over here in France, and buying the phone on its own costs almost £300!

Thanks,

Mark

Guest Alex_le_brit
If I buy an Orange UK PAYG SPV C500 (using an address in the UK), does anybody know whether I could use it with my Orange France contract SIM?

Do I have to unlock the phone first?

Do I have to load an Orange France ROM?

It's not available on PAYG over here in France, and buying the phone on its own costs almost £300!

Thanks,

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mark I live in France too, so know the problem. While I have no idea about a C500 I can tell you that the reverse worked with my old SPV Classic. I was able to put a British Orange PAYG sim card into it which worked without needing to be sim unlocked.

No guarantee I know, but thought I'd let you know, and send your post up to the top again.

Guest Mark T

Thanks Alex_le_brit

For anybody else who's thinking about doing this, I went ahead and bought the Orange UK C500 on PAYG from the Modaco shop (top service!). When I tried putting my Orange France SIM card in it, the phone asked for an unlock code. However, I used the http://www.imei-check.co.uk site to unlock it, and it worked fine. I then installed the Orange France ROM without any problem, and it's working fine.

Regards,

Mark