AT&T MPX220 Runaround

Guest rylee44

Guest rylee44

I recently bought a Motorola MPX220 from eBay, and it is locked to AT&T. I have a Cingular SIM card. I called Cingular, they wouldnt give any codes. I called Motorola, they said call AT&T. I called AT&T, they said they couldnt give out any codes, and they said I should look on the internet for a site to perform the unlock. I have had no luck with this damn phone. Has anyone else been able to unlock an AT&T MPx220? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Guest rylee44
I did it.

visit www.mobtec.net

for 36GBP they will send you the unlock code within 7 days (got mine within 3 days)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I just sent off to MobTec for the code. Wish me luck!

Ryan Davis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rangelpm

Did you get your phone unlocked????

I have one locked to Cingular brand new I live in Toronto, if you want we can maybe exchange phones.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darkshadow
Did you get your phone unlocked????

I have one locked to Cingular brand new I live in Toronto, if you want we can maybe exchange phones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recently bought an Mpx220 through eBay. Its brand new however, it's locked to AT&T and my provider is Cingular. Are you still interested in trading off cells? Please email me [email protected]

Guest McHale

if you have an AT&T phone, it's easier to pay the money to get it unlocked, then simply install the Cingular FW on it. Once you have the Cingular FW on it, you will be able to receive all (if any) updates from then on. It will also become a "supported" phone if you are actually a Cingular subscriber...

-Mc

Guest darkshadow
if you have an AT&T phone, it's easier to pay the money to get it unlocked, then simply install the Cingular FW on it.  Once you have the Cingular FW on it, you will be able to receive all (if any) updates from then on.  It will also become a "supported" phone if you are actually a Cingular subscriber...

-Mc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've searched the net but unable to find a place to unlock... please help.... tried mobtec, unlocking mpx220 is currently unavailable. thanks

Guest rylee44
I've searched the net but unable to find a place to unlock... please help.... tried mobtec, unlocking mpx220 is currently unavailable. thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The unlocking worked like a charm! I have been using the phone ever since with no problems!

-Ryan

Guest badbob001

For some reason, Mobtec shows the following for the MPx220:

Important - Please Read:

All order for Motorola MPx220 phones are currently on hold until further notice. This means you can not order your unlock code for this model.

Let me guess, given that an unlock for Motorola takes up to 7 days, they must have to call the carrier and pretend to be the owner of the phone. So either the carriers are wise to their scheme or the one person in the company with an AT&T/Cingular account went on vacation.

Regardless: :D

• 1 month later...
Guest motoguy
For some reason, Mobtec shows the following for the MPx220:

Important - Please Read:

All order for Motorola MPx220 phones are currently on hold until further notice. This means you can not order your unlock code for this model.

Let me guess, given that an unlock for Motorola takes up to 7 days, they must have to call the carrier and pretend to be the owner of the phone. So either the carriers are wise to their scheme or the one person in the company with an AT&T/Cingular account went on vacation.

Regardless:  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have it wrong im afraid. Moto remote unlockers do not contact the carrier, they usually have a contact somewhere inside motorola where they get the codes from.

You can get an unlock code from just £16.99 GBP from the page below for the MPx220

MPx220 Unlock Code