T-Mobile MDA III UK rom update just weeks away

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

There have been rumours for a while that the new T-Mobile MDA III rom update for the HTC Blue Angel, already released with Blackberry support in Germany, was likely to be officially released over here. There had never been mention of a time scale though so I was intrigued to come across this post on XDA-Developers.com today.

I have just spoken with the powers that be at T-Mobile. The support team had a meeting on Friday concerning the release of the new ROM and it has been green lighted. There is a minor issue, in the new build, about WIFI roaming defaulting to GPRS after certain amount of inactivity. This will be explained in the release notes. Thankfully T-Mobile has decided that this will not preclude release.

T-Mobile techies are meeting with HTC on Monday and all being well, the release should be on the website in the next few weeks. It is scheduled to include Blackberry Connect software.

My thanks to T-Mobile Support (apologies for hounding you  ) and my contact for provding me with no nonsense accurate information.

Thanks Jason

Looks like T-Mobile MDA III owners are about to have something else (aside from apparent stability of the model compared to other providers 8) ) to smile about...

Edited by Pondrew

Guest FloatingFatMan

Well that's nice.... At this rate, it'll probably released about the same time I get the damn phone! (Any one else having stock problems with onestopphoneshop?)

Guest Pondrew

Seems the Blue Angel is regularly having stock problems... I had to wait a fortnight for mine (MDA III off OneStop same as you).

Guest stapes200
Well that's nice.... At this rate, it'll probably released about the same time I get the damn phone!  (Any one else having stock problems with onestopphoneshop?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orderd mine on 28th of feb still waiting phoned numerous amount of times they say they will have it soon. Have been told they are getting a delivery on monday 14th of 125 so maybe it will come tuesday :D. Post again when you get it please.

Guest FloatingFatMan
Orderd mine on 28th of feb still waiting phoned numerous amount of times they say they will have it soon. Have been told they are getting a delivery on monday 14th of 125 so maybe it will come tuesday :D. Post again when you get it please.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will do, though when I rang Saturday I was told Wednesday for a delivery date and on Friday I was told 2 weeks, so I'm not going to hold my breath... :D

Guest stapes200
Will do, though when I rang Saturday I was told Wednesday for a delivery date and on Friday I was told 2 weeks, so I'm not going to hold my breath... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

phoned today they said definately this week however when i told them i have recorderd this call they said "oh err we cant promise anything" 1sps are crap.

I think this is very poor customer service or if you rearrange there name (1sps) you could say p1ss poor. :twisted: