SD Card - wiped

Guest Ian

Has anyone ever had this before - took the SD card out last night and put it back in again (admittedly making a bit of a hash of it, and taking about 6 attempts before it properly locked into place), and it had been erased.

Before I took it out there was about 150Mb on it, but when finally got it back in it was totally blank (no messages about reformatting it or anything). I've swapped cards around before with no problems - only difference those times was that I always got the card in properly on the 1st attempt.

The card was out of the M2000 for about 5 secs in total (I'd installed the sbp Weather plugin to it, and it has a habit of losing it's icons every so often, so I wanted to see if removing the card and re-inserting it would help).

Ian

Guest fraser

I've lost two cards over the past couple of years in much the same way. Usually the reinsert thing works for a while, but I reckon it can corrupt it. Towards the end of each card it had to be done every time I took the phone out my pocket.

I tried cleaning the terminals but no joy.

Guest pizdyetz77

Just lost all the contents of my 1Gb card.

Was trying to make an MP3 recording using Vito Sound Explorer. I suppose changing the default recording destination to the SD card isn't a good idea.

Glad I backed it up the other night . . . . .

Guest its_millertime22
Just lost all the contents of my 1Gb card.

Yeah same, never had an SD device that does this to cards...

Recovered most the irreplacable data (photos) with a demo of a data recovery program called Zero Assumption Recovery.

Pete