Minimo running on Windows Mobile

Guest benjymous

Guest vluther
Done.

P

Here are some pics of modaco on my Orange M1000.

I'm not good at taking pics of the phone yet, so please be patient. I'll be working

on this and post updates as things improve.

Some things of note.

When you start minimo, it changes the Start Bar to the bottom of the page

so the Start menu and the phone signal strength etc all show up on the bottom. This gives Mozilla the rest of the screen to work with. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, as I kinda liked it.

We'll see.

Modaco Loading

post-2594-1110382241_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1110382227_thumb.jpg

The LoFi version

post-2594-1110382255_thumb.jpg

Guest Sogarth

I'm just curious... is it possible to actually use Minimo on the Smartphone right now? :?:

I've finally (after some trials and tribulations) managed it to load a web page (the default page of Google), but I've not the faintest idea on how to actually use any of the controls, since none of the buttons seem to do anything. :cry:

Oh, and one small problem I've noticed so far is that if you swap focus to another application and then swap focus back to Minimo, it doesn't redraw the buttons at the bottom.

PS The biggest problem I've had is that when I start Minimo, it starts drawing the UI but then appears to hang somewhere in the middle. It obviously doesn't look very impressive in that state. :twisted:

Edited by Sogarth

Guest sikittle
I'm just curious... is it possible to actually use Minimo on the Smartphone right now? :?:

I've finally (after some trials and tribulations) managed it to load a web page (the default page of Google), but I've not the faintest idea on how to actually use any of the controls, since none of the buttons seem to do anything. :cry:

Oh, and one small problem I've noticed so far is that if you swap focus to another application and then swap focus back to Minimo, it doesn't redraw the buttons at the bottom.

PS The biggest problem I've had is that when I start Minimo, it starts drawing the UI but then appears to hang somewhere in the middle. It obviously doesn't look very impressive in that state. :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah it is, but someone on another forum said it is still early beta and though it ran they had the odd problem with it.

failing that, why not try Opera, on the left you see Google in full screen, on the right, Opera in normal windowed mode.

post-113060-1110408599_thumb.jpg

Guest Sogarth
failing that, why not try Opera, on the left you see Google in full screen, on the right, Opera in normal windowed mode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Opera's not too bad, yet for whatever reason, I still end up using PIE as my browser of choice, where at least part of it has to do with the "snappiness" of the application. I know I posted up a few defects and enhancement requests on their forum, but I guess I'll wait and check out the next technical preview if they have one.

Besides, I use Firefox everywhere I can. It's good stuff! :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.