Is it worth it?

Guest PenFold101

Guest PenFold101

Hi

I've had an SPV e200 for a wile now, and noticed orange are offering the SPV c500 as a free upgrade (+ the £88 upgrade fee :roll: ) and I was wandering, is it worth it? the added java support is something I've been after for a while, and the MP3 player, and built in file manager seems like cool additions, but are there any other additions/upgrades from the e200? like a better camera/video support, battery life ect..?

If anyone here has upgraded from the e200 to the c500 I would to hear what you think before i order the thing.

Thanks in advance

Pen

Guest chucky.egg

But don't pay them £88!

Tell them you're going to Vodafone unless they waive the fee and give you a good tariff, if they don't buckle and you want to stay on O then just end your contract and sign a new one - you'll almost certainly get a better deal.

Guest martin

You could always buy a C500 PAYG for £148 and use your upgrade for another phone like the HTC magician or C550 when they are released. It's just another option to consider :D

Guest Confucious

Is the C500 worth upgrading to? YES

Should you pay £88 upgrade fee - NO

I only paid £80 for my C500 from Orange on £15/Month 120mins + 30 texts plan (and got £50 credited to my first bill) back in August - you can get better deals on new contracts now. I've seen it with frr GPS as well as a free phone so hgow can they justify charging you an "upgrade" fee?

Guest PenFold101

Sorry for the very late reply,

I've decided to keep hold of my trusty e200 and wait a while and get the C550 when it comes out, or a couple of months after, as i'll only want to upgrade again if I went ahead an got the C500 when the C550 does come out. Plus may isnt too long a wait.

also as Confucious said, I cant see how they can justify offering me the phone as a free upgrade, but charging me a £88 upgrade fee.

I've seen it with frr GPS as well as a free phone so hgow can they justify charging you an "upgrade" fee?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to know where that £88 fee goes :D

Thanks for the info tho guys, kinda helped me make up my mind :D

Guest xenophobe

Yeah, at this point, I'd wait for the C550, and what other phones come out.

I'm sure with the popularity of the C500, there will be a number of new smartphones rushed to the market... hopefully a few will be contenders.