Can I disable the Camera on my SPV ?

Guest dpickup

Guest dpickup

Don't use it, Don't want it, and most places won't allow it anyway (including my work!), so is there a way to diable it ?

Or is the only way to :

remap the external button - and if so how?

hide the launcher in the start menu.

Any suggestions / comments please.

Thanks

Guest chucky.egg

It depends how strict your work place is.

You can't really cripple it, so anything you do would really only make it harder to get to and use. If that's enough then a bit of sandpaper on the lens would do the job, or for a less permanent solution you could try remvoing the shortcuts in the Start menu and map xBar or similar to the button!

Guest Drewtech

How about just keeping it in a Krussell case. You can't use the camera without opening the back of the case. i know it is easy to do but it is also a bit more obvious that you are using the camera.

I don't have any real use for the camera and would much prefer the phone to not have one.

Guest chucky.egg

Er, dont know the xBar keycode, which kindof kills that idea, sorry!

According to the xBar site (xetranet.free.fr/xbar2/?lang=eng&project=xBar%202&page=Manual#2.3)

Key code list (from MSDN)

KeyCode Keypad Key

13 Action

37 Left

38 Up

39 Right

40 down

48 to 57 0 to 9

114 Talk (Green button)

115 End (Red Button)

91 Home

27 Back

121 Record

128 Flip

129 Power

117 Vol Up

119 Star

120 Pound/Sharp

118 Vol Down

112 Menu 1

113 Menu 2

Can't find the KeyCode value on MSDN, or here.

Maybe try asking Xetra a question (he's a member here, so you could try PM, or email him from his website)

Guest tudor

No matter what you do, the guys at work won't allow you to use your phone, as it is a camera phone. Same applies to any location the camera phones are banned from.

Now... think for yourself, if you owned the place, would you trust just anyone who says their phone camera has been disabled? Would you just believe that the lens has been scratched with sandpaper and it's not only a sticker? Maybe you would believe one person, but it's too complicated and too risky to check every phone that comes in. And... the security guys at the entrance are not forensic detectives to be able to tell if it's a clever sticker or the camera is really not usable.

Guest Strongarm
No matter what you do, the guys at work won't allow you to use your phone, as it is a camera phone. Same applies to any location the camera phones are banned from.

Now... think for yourself, if you owned the place, would you trust just anyone who says their phone camera has been disabled? Would you just believe that the lens has been scratched with sandpaper and it's not only a sticker? Maybe you would believe one person, but it's too complicated and too risky to check every phone that comes in. And... the security guys at the entrance are not forensic detectives to be able to tell if it's a clever sticker or the camera is really not usable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still, is there any soution to remap that key on the right side ?

My problem is not that camera is not allowed, it's more that i accidentially press that key all time :evil: