NEW Samsung i300 Smartphone with 3GB Hard Drive!

Guest dsp

Just found this out from gizmodo.com and mobile-review, seems samsung is about to drop a bomb on us, they've finally showed off their new windows mobile smartphone. It isn't a clamshell, but i think i looks damn nice, very much like the k750i from SE.

From what I can see, these are the specs:

Windows mobile MAGNETO!

1.3mpx camera with flash.

3GB HDD (JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!!).

Scroll wheel navigation.

Video recording (mpeg4).

MP3/WMV/AAC/OGG player.

320x240 262k screen.

Size: 113 x 48 x 20 mm (a bit big?).

Weight: 130 grams.

bluetooth 1.2

USB 2.0

WCDMA/EDGE?

Im not sure about all the specs, don't know russian, but this is what i've come up with so far.

Can't see what else, but the picture seems to be running mediaplayer 10. Strange charger though, doesn't seem to be mini usb.

sch-i300.jpg

sgh-i300-4.jpg

sgh--i300-3.jpg

sgh-i300-2.jpg

sgh-i300-1.jpg

ABOUT DAMN TIME, when will it be released? Someone at cebit, go find out and tell us all about it... :D

EDIT: More specs and pics from mobile-review.

Edited by dsp

Guest Pondrew

Does anyone else think it's a little ugly?

Nice spec, still not convinced it'll be released (the website in the link suggests the chances of release to be medium!)

Guest Pondrew
any info on the screen resolution. it would be bad news if its 176 by 220

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read the initial post. It says

320x240 262k screen

Guest podavies
agreed, when i first heard about this phone i didnt think we would ever see it, hugely impressed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good looking phone

Guest hunyango_uk

any news bout the processor?

i300, i want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAMSUNG NOW!!!!!! ](*,)

:shock: imagine, 3gb hdd in your phone. :shock:

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest Jakob
The company accents that access to memory is possible without installing special drivers and programs just like to a usual USB-flash drive

Aaahhh... Finally its possible to sync files with the phone WITHOUT using AvticeSync.. And probably possible to charge it also..

/J

Guest c0ntrite

the charger you see connected at the bottom of the phone (the white one) is the regular charger that samsung uses with their phone :D

Guest mike-oh
Does anyone else think it's a little ugly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i agree, too many sharp edges, unlike my smoooove MDA :D

it does look pretty funky from the side tho, that parallelogram look is a new one!

Edited by mike-oh

Guest hotphil
Makes you think why you would want an Mini iPOD with this sort of specification.

My thoughts exactly. Then I remembered that mp3 playback on Smartphones thus far isn't too good. Plus the nonsense of not being able to use decent headphones without some kind of adaptor makes a mockery of the functionality.

Still, I think this one looks real nice and 3Gb in a device you'll always have with you is worth thinking about.

Guest someone

Is that a cooler grill on the right side (next to the camera lens)?? :D

Hehe maybe it's necessary to cool down the hard disc and fast processor ;)

no lets stay serious, I think it doesn't only look great, It's a real stunning phone! I knéw It was woth waiting for WM2005 devices to show up instead of going for an "old" one :D

post-1091-1110463085_thumb.jpg

Is that a cooler grill on the right side (next to the camera lens)??  :D

Hehe maybe it's necessary to cool down the hard disc and fast processor  ;)

no lets stay serious, I think it doesn't only look great, It's a real stunning phone! I knéw It was woth waiting for WM2005 devices to show up instead of going for an "old" one :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it might be stereo speakers, since they've going for that mobile entertainment device look. A phone, pda, camera, musicplayer... it's got it all.

A bit dissapointed though to see theres no wifi.

Guest someone
A bit dissapointed though to see theres no wifi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope Teher will be a SD card slot. Becuase of the high capacity of memory vailable inside the phone, this Samsung might have decided to not adding one.

But if it has, you can install a WiFi card and you'll still have a huge amount of memory available, instead of swapping the WiFi and memory cards time by time (or buying an expensive combination card).

Guest ThatTree

Sadly the card slot will be TransFlash (according to various blogs today), not SD. It's not much bigger than an SP3i, but about 1/3 heavier.

Edited to add: Maybe the card format isn't such a big deal if there's 3GB built in! This phone looks sweet... but some areas of the US will really need 850MHz support. I hope Cingular gets interested.

And edited again: TransFlash was just renamed microSD.

Edited by ThatTree

Guest someone
Sadly the card slot will be TransFlash (according to various blogs today), not SD. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't know what TFlash is so I searched for it. And wow what is that a small piece of memory card!

In the picture below you can see the TFlash card next to a Mini SD card (pictue is on scale!)

post-1091-1110484344_thumb.jpg

Just found some more pictures, including one showing off the new 320x240 screen. Seems mobilmania.cz and mobil.cz did us a big favor and took some very nice pictures. Seems cleartype is activated.

http://www.mobilmania.cz/Files/Obrazky/art...e/page00006.htm

http://mobil.idnes.cz/telefony.asp?r=telef...315_telefony_jm

Edited by dsp

Guest someone
.doc file :? wonder if magneto has something to open that pre installed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The device showing the doc file on the screen is not the I300 :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.