T-Mobile Germany announce SDA II and SDA Music II

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

MSMobiles.com have spotted that T-Mobile Germany have announced the SDA II and SDA Music II at CeBIT.

Most interesting fact is that both these phones sport QVGA (320x240) displays, and the SDA Music II is most likely the same unit as the forthcoming SPV C550.

You can find the specsheets here and here.

Very interesting to note also is that the SDA II is being clearly pitched at the business market, with NO CAMERA!.

I'm a bit disappointed at this, as I like business phones but with cameras... what do YOU guys think?

P

Guest renzo4000

It's smart thing to do for them because there are alot of privacy issue's right now about camera phones. There are alot of company's that won't allow phones with camera's anymore in their buildings. That means that employees need to leave their phones home or @ the reception.

Guest martin

Camera phones are proving to be a bit of a problem for some Businesses and they may even ban them in their premesis. I believe the that camera-less option had been considered by many phone manufacturers recently and I expect we will see a lot more of phones without it (as an option).

I like cameras though :D

[Edit] renzo4000, ya beat me to it :D

Guest pierre
Camera phones are proving to be a bit of a problem for some Businesses and they may even ban them in their premesis. I believe the that camera-less option had been considered by many phone manufacturers recently and I expect we will see a lot more of phones without it (as an option).

I like cameras though  :D

[Edit] renzo4000, ya beat me to it  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amazing..!

Guest hotphil

Yep. Nokia are doing it too with the 3G Nokia 6680 (cameras) and the 3G Nokia 6681 (no cameras). Many companies/government departments won't allow cameraphones, or are at least reluctant to do so.

Guest hotphil

Oh, and I can't think of that many companies who would need their employees to have a camera on their phone. Keeping costs down is always good.

Guest tudor

I suppose SDA Music II has WMP control buttons and SDA II doesn't. Well, I'd like a phone with no camera, but with WMP control buttons. This would allow me to get the phone in places where camera phones are banned, and would provide a decent music player.

Guest bazzo

at mobilejoe.de is foto of the SDA II music@cebit posted, the specs tell that it only has a 176x220 display. the only upgrade to SDAmusic seems to be the 1,3mpix-cam

Guest tudor
at mobilejoe.de is foto of the SDA II music@cebit posted, the specs tell that it only has a 176x220 display. the only upgrade to SDAmusic seems to be the 1,3mpix-cam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SDA II spec says "Display: 2,2“ QVGA TFT-LCD (262k Farben)". The SDA Music II spec doesn't mention the resolution, but the size and number of colours are the same, so it seems unlikely to be a different display.

Guest bazzo
The SDA II spec says "Display: 2,2“ QVGA TFT-LCD (262k Farben)". The SDA Music II spec doesn't mention the resolution, but the size and number of colours are the same, so it seems unlikely to be a different display.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sry, i meant the specs at the foto

sda-II-music.jpg

Âİ by www.mobile-review.com (posted by "TT-Leser" at MobileJoe-Forums

Guest floepie

If this doesn't have the QVGA display, then I won't wait for it. Their little info card surely can't be wrong, can it?

Edited by floepie

Guest Chaser81
I'm a bit disappointed at this, as I like business phones but with cameras... what do YOU guys think?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it is a step in the right direction to be honest... If you read some of the PPC forums, there are always LOADS of people whinging that their PPC Phone editions have cameras cause that means they arent allowed to take them into their work places (quite a lot of businesses have bans on camera phones to prevent industrial espionage).

A camera-less Windows Mobile Smartphone may go someway towards appeasing those that need the high-tech functionality but without a camera.

Guest Confucious

If your company bans cameras then your working fro the wromg company :D

I want a decent camera on the phone (4M pixels should be OK) and a flash.

and qXga screen.

Until then a 1.3Mpixel and qvga would be a step in the right direction. Is the new Orange phone going to be the C550 or C600? Or are they different?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
If your company bans cameras then your working fro the wromg company :D

Sarcasm aside; no not really! Companies with military tech contracts a especially hot on this. The company i worked for had only just allowed mobiles on site when i first started working there, let alone whether it had a camera or not. And as its been pointed out before, commercial companies are ever more caucious over their latest products being leaked to competitors...

Guest Confucious

I was being my usual flipant self - You should know by now not to take me to seriously :D

Maybe they should offer two versions of the phone, ine with and one without the camera? It would be a shame for people to lose the camera because the phone is seen as a "business" phone

Why all websites dedicated to MS smartphones are showing a bad picture of SDA. I know that SDA and SDA music aren't similar but the new SDA is here.

Present on the T-mobile shop, ready for june.

0,3465,72120,00.jpg

Sorry for my english. I'm french. :D

Edited by Pic

Guest Confused Stu

Going back a little to the question of what resolution the new boys have - all the stats everywhere say QVGA, and the only indication that it's lower is the one board by the phone listing it's stats. Seeing as I bought my C500 on the day it appeared in Orange shops (I'd been waiting for the damn thing for about a month!) I was surprised to see the official Orange display card next to it saying "Built in FM Radio!". I pointed out to the assistant that this was wrong and they should take it down - she laughed. It was over two weeks before my local three Orange shops changed the card for a correct one.

Short version - always believe MoDaCo, never believe the manufacturer! :D

• 4 months later...
Guest Pagemakers
MSMobiles.com have spotted that T-Mobile Germany have announced the SDA II and SDA Music II at CeBIT.

Most interesting fact is that both these phones sport QVGA (320x240) displays, and the SDA Music II is most likely the same unit as the forthcoming SPV C550.

You can find the specsheets here and here.

Very interesting to note also is that the SDA II is being clearly pitched at the business market, with NO CAMERA!.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also interesting from the spec sheets is that fact that the SDA II nsays QVGA and the SDA II Music does not!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.