Cingular - Media.net

Guest tw1511

Guest tw1511

Does anyone have Cingular service? If yes, once you open Internet Explorer there is a link for Media.net. Can I get the link details please, i.e. the web address?

I deleted mine, but now want to test the Mapquest option, to do this you have to go into it via Media.net....

As always thanks!

Guest mobile-distortion

http://dmxml.infospace.com/_1_2K9HT...ml?lang=en#main

Copy the URL using you copy and paste functions (CTRL C= Copy CTRL V= Paste) Navigate HERE

Then simply text message your phone with that URL u just sent your self. Click the link in the text message then bookmark the page. If you are not a member of cingularme you may have to register.

This is what I use on my SM-5600

|d|

Guest tw1511
http://dmxml.infospace.com/_1_2K9HT...ml?lang=en#main

Copy the URL using you copy and paste functions (CTRL C= Copy CTRL V= Paste) Navigate HERE

Then simply text message your phone with that URL u just sent your self. Click the link in the text message then bookmark the page. If you are not a member of cingularme you may have to register.

This is what I use on my SM-5600

|d|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, sorry to say that did not work. I will just reset the phone, and that should bring everything back. Thanks for your help though...

Guest mobile-distortion
Well, sorry to say that did not work. I will just reset the phone, and that should bring everything back. Thanks for your help though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm....works on mine....sorry :|

Guest tw1511
Hmmmm....works on mine....sorry :|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The funny thing was all this was so I could ge MapQuest on my mobile! Now are resetting the phone and finally getting to the Media.net site using your path, it states, " the program can't be used on this mobile". Damn is all I can say...

Guest mobile-distortion
The funny thing was all this was so I could ge MapQuest on my mobile! Now are resetting the phone and finally getting to the Media.net site using your path, it states, " the program can't be used on this mobile". Damn is all I can say...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt know mapquest would work on the mobiles....

does wap.mapquest.com work?

Guest tw1511
didnt know mapquest would work on the mobiles....

does wap.mapquest.com work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Says page can't be found. BUT, if you go to Map Quest it tells you how to get Map Quest on your phone... (MapQuest Mobile)

Guest dchester

I believe the MPx220 is setup by default to surf regular (HTTP) Internet pages and not WAP. I've read of people setting it up to use WAP, but I've never attempted it (I like going to regular web pages). The onlys ones that I know it doesn't handle, are pages that use Frames, or Flash Graphics.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Raven001
I believe the MPx220 is setup by default to surf regular (HTTP) Internet pages and not WAP.  I've read of people setting it up to use WAP, but I've never attempted it (I like going to regular web pages).  The onlys ones that I know it doesn't handle, are pages that use Frames, or Flash Graphics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone else have a suggestion? The link above doesn't work for me. I heard that it's supposed to be: http://home/ and that DOES take me to the Media.net intro page, but then it never connects after that (clicking "Next" does nothing)..

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
Guest wildmanviper

Does anyone still have the address for the media net wepage from a cell phone? I deleted mine thinking it was one of my shortcuts I added.

Guest bills1974
Does anyone still have the address for the media net wepage from a cell phone?  I deleted mine thinking it was one of my shortcuts I added.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an MPX220 with Cingular and it says http://device.home

• 4 months later...