Change text and voicemail sounds

Guest brewtus

Guest brewtus

Does anyone know how to change the sounds for text and voicemail. I changed my ringtone with my own sound, however, when I go to change the text and voicemail one the sounds I want are not in the list. They are in the list under ringtone. Can anyone help me please?

• 1 year later...
Guest conan_troutman

open reg editor if you have one if not get one and then

got to HKCU/control panel/sounds/sms change string Catogory=Notification to =Ring

do same at at HKCU/control Panel/sounds/VoiceMail

then got to setting sounds and select what you want

that should do the trick for you

Guest patrickjamesg

Also, you can just move whatever sound you want to the Windows folder on your device and you'll be able to select it as an alert for you new voicemails, text messages, mms, etc.

I actually just recorded some funny clips using the voice recorder (press and hold the voice tag button and the recorder opens up after a few seconds), and renamed them as "Voice", "Text", and "Missed". You'll find them saved in the 'My Documents' folder, so just select, cut, and paste them in the Windows folder.

(Also, if you're new to all this, you might need to know that sometimes you can't select "paste" as an option when you press and hold the stylus, and you'll have to go to Menu-->Edit-->Paste.)

After that, you'll find that they're available as notifications under the sounds in the settings.

It's really cool. When I get a new voicemail it says,

"Hey....ummm...between you and me, I think you've got a new voicemail".

People think it's the most hilarious thing in the world!

-Patrick ;)

Guest conan_troutman
Also, you can just move whatever sound you want to the Windows folder on your device and you'll be able to select it as an alert for you new voicemails, text messages, mms, etc.

I actually just recorded some funny clips using the voice recorder (press and hold the voice tag button and the recorder opens up after a few seconds), and renamed them as "Voice", "Text", and "Missed". You'll find them saved in the 'My Documents' folder, so just select, cut, and paste them in the Windows folder.

(Also, if you're new to all this, you might need to know that sometimes you can't select "paste" as an option when you press and hold the stylus, and you'll have to go to Menu-->Edit-->Paste.)

After that, you'll find that they're available as notifications under the sounds in the settings.

It's really cool. When I get a new voicemail it says,

"Hey....ummm...between you and me, I think you've got a new voicemail".

People think it's the most hilarious thing in the world!

-PatrickĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

except MP3s which the reg edit i posted will allow you to use.