Scancom.co.uk Blues

Guest tobinharris

Guest andysalmon

Just because we get something which we ordered, it doesn't mean it was good service. My Compact arrived today- 8 days after it was promised. No reduction in price, postage or anything. How I managed to get it at all is a mystery. I was visiting family in a village about 15 miles from Norwich. The Compact arrived addressed to me at

Norwich

NR** ***

If it wasn't for the postcode I wouldn't have gotten it at all. I had gone to the length of having them repeat back the address I gave them. Incidentally they missed the house name off, the road name and the village name.

Oh, and as well as that they forgot to send me the SD card I ordered. I haven't been billed for that tho, but they can whistle if they think I'm taking my custom back there.

On a side note, I attempted to sync my now outgoing SE P905 tonight as as happens half of the time it failed to do it. I installed Activesync 3.8 and 1 min later, all done and synched. Ahh, it's good to be back to windows (Flaws and all).

Sorry for the whinge but the Compact will keep me quiet for a while!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tobinharris

Oh dear, my Scancom nightmare continues!

Somehow they managed to put me on Relax 200 rather than Relax 100 - considerably more expenisive. I've phoned them 3 times this week and they kept promising to get back to me, but never did.

Finally, I phoned them again and they've asked me to send the phone back so they can scrap the existing contract and start a new one. This is no fun, I have to pay for delivery and lose my business phone for days, for *their* mistake!

Anyway, yes, I'm moaning. I don't usually have problems when placing orders, so I guess I'm pissed off that I have to waste time. I'm sure that I've just been unlucky with Scancom, but that's twice they've slipped up. I used to work for a mobile phone dealership, so I know how hard it can be. I think they should have procedures in place to let the customer agree to the paperwork before they start the contract.

Rant over 8-(

On the plus side, I've spoken to T-Mobile also, and despite not being able to resolve the issue, their staff were extremely helpful and offered a few possible things I could try.