C500 white screen

Guest deefer6

Guest deefer6

I've had my C500 since Feb 22nd and all has been good with it, but today I was writing a text message and the screen just dissapeared to blank white, it looked something like what happens when you take the battery out where you get a kind of ghost image of what was on the screen.

I took the battery out and the mini sd card but it just booted up with a blank white screen, i've even tried hard reseting it but as the screen is blank, I can't see to select any of the options. It seems to be fully functioning except for the screen, I can make and receive calls, I just can't see who I'm calling or who's calling me!

I really don't want to have to return it to Orange as I've unlocked to O2 and don't want to be shelling out another twenty quid to get a new one unlocked. :cry:

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have any solutions please, any help would be much appreciated.

Guest hotphil

Think you're going to have to send it to Orange. Just hope that your unlocking hasn't voided the warranty - if they notice they may just send it back to you.

Guest mavisdavis

Or you could send it directly to HTC Europe it'll cost abot £30 for a new screen but dont quote me on this price as I'm covered by Orange insurance so Ive never sent it off. It could also take about 3wks but some folk have had them back within a week

My friends C500 does the same. It somtimes switches to a whie screen, then he has got to wait a few hours to use his phone again before it comes back on. He just lives with the problem though.