Audible/Visual Alerts on Mpx220

Guest loki666

Guest loki666

I have checked the board but have found nothing. :?: I am looking for a program/idea that will alert the user that there was a missed call, a new text message, voice mail, etc. Unless I am mistaken, the only way to know these things is open the phone or activate the outside screen.

Any help will be great. I am going to post this on other boards, and will report back to all of them if I find a solution.

Edited by loki666

Guest dchester

The phone should be able to do this for you depending on how which ever profile you are using is setup. Go into Settings -> Profiles, then select (but don't click on) the profile you are using. Then select Menu -> Edit, and scroll down to the Notification Type & Notification Volume, to see what the options are.

Guest loki666

Maybe I should have been clearer. I AM getting the alerts for a text message and voice mail....what I need is a program/idea to KEEP alerting me once I have missed the first alert....since there is no LED light to blink or repeating alert....there is no way to know with out going over to the phone and activating to know if you missed something.

Is that any clearer? Let me know if I am just talking crazy...I'll take my meds and try again. :D

Guest roma0803

Yeah, that would be nice. A program that blinks the outside display every now and then. To set by the user how often it has to blink. We don't want to drain the battery overnight ofcourse :D

Never seen it so far though :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest birlest

Me too am looking for a sort of audible alert, to warn you cyclally, after you have received a lost call (or an unread sms). I had it on an older Moto...it worked every 3 minutes, until I press a button. I can't believe that there is not such a feature in the MPX220. But I looked for it in each menu and I couldn't find it.

Unfortunately setting the notification type and/or volume in the Profile seems no to be helpful.

Any hints, or links to solutions or a proper plugin, would be appreciated.

Edited by birlest

Guest kuvulmaz
Me too am looking for a sort of audible alert, to warn you cyclally, after you have received a lost call (or an unread sms). I had it on an older Moto...it worked every 3 minutes, until I press a button. I can't believe that there is not such a feature in the MPX220. But I looked for it in each menu and I couldn't find it.

Unfortunately setting the notification type and/or volume in the Profile seems no to be helpful.

Any hints, or links to solutions or a proper plugin, would be appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take a look at the following:

Notification Repete

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make notification repeate (BTT)

You can add a script for a sound to make it repeat.

I did this for my alarm, and it won't shut up until I "Dismiss" it.

I added the same notification for the "SMS" tree:

\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\SMS

Script (String Value) = apw30r

I assume "a" or "ap" is for the audio playback, and "w##" is the wait, and the "r" is to repeat the script.

The only problem is that it won't shut up, even after I read and delete the message.

So perhaps you can use "apw30apw30apw30apw30...." so it'll play for at least 5 minutes or so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the orginal thread is at howardforums:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...threadid=542341

Guest birlest
Take a look at the following:

Notification Repete

quote:

Make notification repeate (BTT)

You can add a script for a sound to make it repeat.

I did this for my alarm, and it won't shut up until I "Dismiss" it.

I added the same notification for the "SMS" tree:

\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\SMS

Script (String Value) = apw30r

I assume "a" or "ap" is for the audio playback, and "w##" is the wait, and the "r" is to repeat the script.

The only problem is that it won't shut up, even after I read and delete the message.

So perhaps you can use "apw30apw30apw30apw30...." so it'll play for at least 5 minutes or so.

the orginal thread is at howardforums:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...threadid=542341

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the clue... I still got a question: I can't find the SMS folder in the tree you mentioned. Have I got to create it or is it somewhere else or am I wrong in some way?

Can I find somewhere else a similar string so that I can copy and adapt it without making mistakes?

Thanks

Guest dchester
Thanks for the clue... I still got a question: I can't find the SMS folder in the tree you mentioned. Have I got to create it or is it somewhere else or am I wrong in some way?

Can I find somewhere else  a similar string so that I can copy and adapt it without making mistakes?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Sounds/SMS

BTW, there may not be a script string there, as by default it uses:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/Notification/Script

Guest birlest
Try:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Sounds/SMS

BTW, there may not be a script string there, as by default it uses:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/Notification/Script

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok I found SMS where you told me. If I put the suggested script string there (Script (String Value) = apw30rapw30r), that means to repeat the notification twice each 30 seconds? ot what?

Do you know if someone found out how to have the notification repeated every a certain time, just until you read the message?

Where have I got to put the string to have the same repeated notification also for the lost calls?

Many thanks

Guest loki666

Thanks for all your help guys. Any idea where the script is for voice mail notification so we could have this one repeat as well?