Newbie help req! - Software What is the best?

Guest moo

Guest mrw1004
Simple really......

What are the best software packages you use??? What couldn't you live without?

What websites etc do you use???? 

Thanks

Tom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Newbie as well (but have had pocket PC Dell x5 for a few years). Not sure what device you have I got a c500 a few weeks ago.

have a look at :- http://www.handango.com

pick your device and it will display compatible apps.

I liked battery pack pro on the pocket PC, it is also very good on the c500. Its more than its name suggests it puts a number of features into the home screen including bettery and memory monitors but more important one push icons for all your applications (can be very customized) as well as a nice running application monitor which you can use to switch apps and close apps.

I like Fizz traveller 2, 5 day weather via GPRS as well as maps thousands of cities countries, contry time zones, currency convertion and more.

GPRS counter from all-locations (no GPRS counter is a bit of an ommission in the std c500).

thats all I have added so far.

all the best,

mw

Thanks for the swift response.....

I will take a look @ that site.....

I also got the c500 and am pretty pleased with it.... Other than the useless bluetooth!

MOO

Anyone else wanna give a newb some info????

Where do u get your freeware apps?

What "tips" can you give on general useage?

I finally found out how to activate the speakerphone..... Why the hell Orange find no space for it in a big thick manual I have no idea....

Bluetooth useless??

The only major problem with bt is activesync via bt. there are ways to make that work too, just do a search on this forum.

Other then that. I use bt with my phone to tether my puter and use the internet. I can not live without that.

Freeware that is good...go to connectedbits.com and download their weather program.

Thanks for the swift response.....

I will take a look @ that site.....

I also got the c500 and am pretty pleased with it....  Other than the useless bluetooth!

MOO

Anyone else wanna give a newb some info???? 

Where do u get your freeware apps?

What "tips" can you give on general useage?

I finally found out how to activate the speakerphone.....  Why the hell Orange find no space for it in a big thick manual I have no idea....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bluetooth useless??

Freeware that is good...go to connectedbits.com and download their weather program.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tried all of the suggestions in the threads inc d/l'ing the various third party software and still i cannot get a pic to go from one phone to another.....