How to flash C500 rom to SMT5600

Guest mikechiu

Guest mikechiu

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to flash C500 rom to my SMT5600?

Since I need 900 band to work when I travel.

I know I will lost WMP10, but I don't care.

But do I need to unlock it first.

I try to use Orange Update tool 4.1.1.4, it complaint the vendor ID.

Please someone help!

Mike.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You do not need to flash your phone to get the 900Mhz band as the phone is already triband, just get it SIM unlocked at www.imei-check.co.uk

Unless I'm completely out of touch with the fast changes in the C500 range of phones. :-s

Guest mikechiu

Hi All,

I just unlock it and them flash with regular update file.

It work now (Thanks DarkJedi), but it is slow them before.

Anyone, any idea!

Guest DarkJedi

what's slow for u? u could also try the sp3 rom, i'm using that and i see no probs on my 5600, it actually does seem better imo, but i did this yesterday so i have yet to see.

Guest xenophobe

So your SMT5600 is now working on the 900mhz band?

I thought 850/900 was hardware, not ROM based... otherwise someone could come up with an application to change that, I'm thinking.

Guest DarkJedi

i'm in the US so i can't say if it's running on the 900 band. though the 1900 part works great. i'm using the sp3 rom that was posted here a few days ago then taken down.

Guest Confucious

The 850 or 900 is hardware based so just by flashing with the Orange ROM will NOT make it a 900MHz phone - Sorry!

The 5600 is Tri Band 850/1800/1900 and the C500 (and just about every other variant) is Triband 900/1800/1900

Guest abatis
The 850 or 900 is hardware based so just by flashing with the Orange ROM will NOT make it a 900MHz phone - Sorry!

The 5600 is Tri Band 850/1800/1900 and the C500 (and just about every other variant) is Triband 900/1800/1900

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Confusious - The GSM band is software based. Run r2sd gsm on the ROm you want to take the band from and flash to a rom with a different band. It works. Anyway it works from what I hear from people. You can do the samething with the boot splash.

Edited by abatis

Guest Confucious
Sorry Confusious - The GSM band is software based. Run r2sd gsm on the ROm you want to take the band from and flash to a rom with a different band. It works. Anyway it works from what I hear from people.

No need to appologise! If I'm wrong then it should be me that appologises. :oops:

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Has anyone used a 5600 on 900Mhz or a C500 on 850?

I have no idea where I got my information from but it's unlike me to state something as a fact if I wasn't pretty certain that it was a fact - normally I'd pose it as a question if I was in anyway unsure but I am certainly not inafallable. Are you sure it's not a combination of s/ware and hardware? It wouyld be nice to have this cleared up by someone that has tried it.

Guest abatis
No need to appologise! If I'm wrong then it should be me that appologises. :oops:

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Has anyone used a 5600 on 900Mhz or a C500 on 850?

I have no idea where I got my information from but it's unlike me to state something as a fact if I wasn't pretty certain that it was a fact - normally I'd pose it as a question if I was in anyway unsure but I am certainly not inafallable. Are you sure it's not a combination of s/ware and hardware? It wouyld be nice to have this cleared up by someone that has tried it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pulled this out of the pinned unlocking thread above.

Okay, for my 5600 did the c500 unlock. Flashed to Orange ROM.

It all works and I'm a happy camper. WMP10 is a small price to pay for having a working phone. At some point Orange will update the ROM to support WMP10 or the 5600 unlock process will work.

All the emails with the service provider (Florin) were great and step by step. He gives you 2 options for either an 850 radio or a 900 radio.

Seems Florin was doing this.

Edited by abatis