Advice , Help Wanted

Guest niklanderson

Guest niklanderson

Hi there EVERYBODY

This is my first post i initially joined when i bought my first MPX200 a few weeks ago and just browsed around for tips etc.

Now i have just bought a second MPX200 for my girlfriend as she was always playing with mine...and my phone....

Seriously now...The problem is i am looking for a supplier of a LCD screen most importantly as the ribbon has been damaged ever so slightly and is now an intermittent fault...

I bought the phone knowing it was faulty ( well knowing the main board was sound ) with the view of replacing the LCD ....at first thought i could replace ribbon but i now see it is attached / soldered one end and attaches to a connector on mainboard the other.

My other problem is sourcing a housing as the one she has is pretty tatty! probably how the faults occurred

So can anyone help with

1. LCD

2. Housing

or 3. A Dead phone with good LCD+Housing

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Nik

Guest awarner [MVP]

LCD? sorry I though you were talking about the the cable on the flip hinge. :oops:

If I get time tomorrow I'll have a closer look and see what I can find.

Guest awarner [MVP]

I see what you mean, looks like you will have to get the cable and lcd as one.

Are you sure that this is the actual problem?

post-53-1111056052_thumb.jpg

Guest niklanderson

Yes i am sure the ribbon has a small tear/hole in it causing an intermittent fault so i was looking to find a supplier of LCD or maybe a dead phone with good LCD / ++ Housing

The MPX in question only needs a little TLC as the person i bought it from obviously did a botch

The main board is sound and sim unlocked and i am using it in a housing at the mo

I just wanted to repair the poorly MPX

Any suggestions/offers welcome

post-111941-1111062347_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest LJWhorfin

my ribbon cable (the one that connects the 2 halves) is almost torn in half.. 5+ more wires are severed and my unit no longer functions. Anyone with spare parts that help me out with a replacement?

I guess i could buy a used mpx200 off ebay for $60 ish or so and them sell off the other parts? who needs part for an mpx200 that would want them off what would end up with??

cheers

-tom

mpx200-cable.jpg

Guest LJWhorfin

ribbon for the lcd display or the one i'm looking for that connects the two halves together??

if that latter can i buy it off you?

cheers

-tom

i have an extra mpx that blue a fuse tried fixed it but couldnt..but the lcd and the rib's r ok..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by LJWhorfin