Anyone else having a problem with your USB cable

Guest mgrosh

Guest mgrosh

I have a MPx220 (duh) and so far on two different PCs i can not get ActiveSync to see the phone via the USB cable.

When you plug you Phone into the USB cabe does it change your profile to "car"?

Does windows detect it as a new device when you plug it in?

Guest japester36

Mine works fine, it doesn't change the profile at all when you plug it in.

The first time I plugged it in then the PC recognized the MPx220 as a new device.

Interestingly, when it was turned off and plugged in again then it was recognized as different device. This is normal according to Motorola and actually is detailed in the firmware upgrade process.

Sorry I can't explain your problem.

John

Guest vijovame
I have a MPx220 (duh)  and so far on two different PCs i can not get ActiveSync to see the phone via the USB cable. 

When you plug you Phone into the USB cabe does it change your profile to "car"?

Does windows detect it as a new device when you plug it in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pins of the cable or in the phone you need to clean it, you need 99% or high alcohol for it, i hate that data plug from moto, the mini usb works better in a mpx200, i work in a wirelees phone comp. and all motos with this data plug are with trouble in some moment, try cleaning it, remember, with the phone without batery :D

Guest mgrosh

Well i tried cleaning with alcohol ( i thought that was a great idea) but it still didn't work..

So i stoped by the cingular store on the way home and brought him my cable.. He replaced it with a new one.. Out of courisity i asked if he had a pc we could test it on..

(so far when ever i plugeed it into a PC the profile changes to car and the computer does not detect a new device)

any how it still did not work with the new cable.. the guy helping me called someone at another store who had some experence with the MPx220's and we decided to try another phone with my SIM in it...

Ding the PC detected it right away... so the whole time it was a hardware problem with my phone...

the store swaped out my phone for the other.. and im happy now... If only they could get voice dialing to work over bluetooth.