Stupid question

Guest stapes200

Guest stapes200

Hi all I have been coming here for a week now (what a great site) so thought id just say hi to everyone.

What is wi-fi and do you need any extra hardware (other than what comes with the phone) to use it.

Also where can i get games to play on my mda III (that i havent got yet due to osps stock problems) or software? :shock:

Guest Chaser81

WiFi is a type of wireless networking technology (similar to Bluetooth but not the same) which allows you to make a connection to a network without needing a cable. The M2000/MDAIII/XDAIIs/etc. has a WiFi adaptor built in so you wont need any extra hardware to use it unless you want to set up a wireless network yourself (at home, for example).

As for games and software, Handango is a good place to start. Click here to visit Handango

Edited by Chaser81

Guest stapes200
What Chaser81 missed out: once WiFi is set up, you get free internet using your broadband connection!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do i need anything extra for this or do i connect to the pc for broadband with a wire

Guest fraser

You need a wireless router to use it. It forms the bridge between all the WiFi devices and the wired network. You also need internet connection sharing working. No software required, though vxUtil and vxTools are pretty handy to have on the phone for getting it set up.