WMP10 update for imate SP3 imminent

Guest stemill

Guest stemill

Just had the following conversation with one of the advisors on club imate.

Brian> Welcome to club i-mate support. My name is Brian, how can I help you today?

Brian> Hi

stemill> hi just wondering if you could give me any info about the next rom update for sp3

Brian> We are going the release the new ROM upgrades by next week.

stemill> cool. will it include wmp10?

Brian> Yes.

stemill> Fantastic!! Are you aware of the problem users have been experiencing with a 'tshh' sound on audio approx every 16 seconcds?

Brian> Yes we are aware of the issue..

Brian> the new ROM upgrade will fix all the issues.

stemill> FANTASTIC!! Thankyou Brain

stemill> Bye

Guest rvbcrs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is really good news! I hope they will keep their word this time!

Guest tha_neo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hihih you called him brain :D

Nice info by the way;)

Guest mirpy1

i have an imate rom the latest on my c500 via a nice link from a good member. if you could inadvertantly (oops) could perhaps show were we could upgrade as c5oo cant access clubmate, i will be your friend.

Guest rvbcrs
i cant get in to club i-mate with my imi number is there some were else to get the rom update for my spv c500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ROM? if you read the post the guy says that the rom will be released next week not today!

What ROM? if you read the post the guy says that the rom will be released next week not today!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes m8 i did read the first post.lol

what i should have said was when it comes out.i have no way of geting on to i-mates with my imi number.is there some were else we can get the rom update.

regards

akay......

Guest stemill

Just had another chat with the clubimate people. Sounds promising for the update. However if it doesn't appear next week at least we've got some evidence that they said it would.

Brian> Welcome to club i-mate support. My name is Brian, how can I help you today?

Brian> Hi

ste> hi brian. i have posted the details about the rom update due next week on the modaco website and everyone seems VERY sceptical.

ste> Could you confirm that the next update includes wmp10 and fixes the 'tss' sound over audio

Brian> Correct.

Brian> May i know for which device are you referring?

ste> imate sp3.

Brian> yes the next upgrade will fix all the issues.

ste> so the new rom will be up on clubimate next sometime?

ste> next week sorry

Brian> Yes .

ste> excellent. i shall spread the good news on the modaco forum. thankyou brian

Brian> Your Welcome.

ste> bye

If it doesn't appear next week we should just hammer online support until it does!

Just had another chat with the clubimate people. Sounds promising for the update. However if it doesn't appear next week at least we've got some evidence that they said it would.

If it doesn't appear next week we should just hammer online support until it does!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remain dubious because of the phrase "It will solve all of the issues."

I would be more convinced if the guy said "It will solve those two issues." It still sounds as if it was a general brush off.

Guest pharma79

Imate online support doesnt really know more than you and me (maybe much less ) about smartphone , it has been really useless to me .

Guest catman3
Imate online support doesnt really know more than you and me (maybe much less ) about smartphone , it has been really useless to me .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that Pharma79! I always imagine that Club I-Mate Online Support is just one guy that was hired through a temporary agency sitting in his underwear at his home and pretends to know what he's talking about.

Maybe we need a new thread to make up our best guesses at the behind-the-scenes workings of Club I-Mate? :D

Guest Manos_the_Greek

Hi all!

I hope they finally include Windows media player 10 because sux and we have to use other apps in order to hear mp3 files such as Beta player which rox (!) and pocket Music.

I have recently contacted with Qtek in Greece by mail and they said me that the rom will be released in (unfortunately) in April but it will fix all annoying bug!

I hope so!

Manos

:D

Edited by Manos_the_Greek

Guest stemill

Just has a long chat with someone else at imate (not brain!) and as suspected it seems it might have all been a load of cobblers.

However brain is in the imate office tomorrow and after i've been for my friday afternoon pint at work i intend to pester him for a long time for some answers!

Welcome ste, please wait while we get you in contact with one of our club advisors... 

You're now talking to Omer

Omer> Welcome to Club i-mate. My name is Omer and I am a Club Advisor. What can I help you with?

ste> hi omer

Omer> Hi there

Omer> how may i help you?

ste> got cut off earlier. could you confirm something for me?

Omer> sure

ste> will there be a new sp3 rom available next week?

Omer> tell me pls

Omer> what is the operator of your device(go to start > settings > about)

ste> 1.5.33.11

Omer> this is the new one

ste> i was told by brian there would be a new rom available next week

ste> that would include windows media player 10

Omer> not next week, it will be in the near future

ste> ok. brian told me by the ned of next week. could you give me any idea of when. next month?

Omer> sorry that i do not have specific date for the same

ste> will the next rom update include wmp10?

Omer> it should be after our testing it

Omer> yes it will

ste> are you aware of the audio bug on sp3

ste> the 'tss' sound every 16 seconds

ste> hello omer?...

ste> ....hello...

ste> you guys are getting a very bad reputation over at modaco.com

ste> are you still there?????

Omer> sorry, yes i am here

ste> are you aware of the audio bug??

Omer> no there is not any audio bug in the SP3

Omer> did you get any problem with your device?

ste> yes there is. it is very well documented at modaco.com would you like a link?

ste> brian told me this would be fixed in the latest rom

Omer> i'm using the device now, it' has no problem

ste> ok there are about 50 post on modaco.com about this bug. including some highly technical research into the problem

ste> and a response from htc the people who manufacture the phone admitting a problem

ste> the bug appears on all variants of htc typhoon including imate sp3

ste> would you like a link to the forum?

Omer> that would be great ..

ste> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=201124

ste> also here is my conversation with brian, plus the responses from fellow imate users

ste> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=203148

ste> i'm sorry to say but you club advisors aren't held in very high regard

ste> do you work for imate?

Omer> yes

ste> why is it that brian seemed to think there would be a new rom next week but you say there will not be. do imate not keep you up to date?

Omer> it seems that he just got the info of the new ROM upgrade, where i did not yet

Omer> the office is 24/7

ste> is he there now? have you any way to confirm one way or the other?

Omer> me may met the VP Technology or Principal Device Manager

Omer> *he

ste> ok. there are a lot of people waiting for this update. it has been promised to be released many times. we just need some confirmation

ste> is there any technical people in the office you can ask?

Omer> may i get your email add.

ste> sure it is [email protected]

Omer> i shall get you the confirmed info

ste> ok thank you very much omar. i hope you can appreciate that i am just trying to get the latest info for myself and other sp3 users

ste> *omer. sorry

ste> you should get one of your device technicians to check out modaco.com

Omer> yes sure

Omer> it is ok

Omer> i shall report this as well

ste> it has lots of info about problems with the sp3 (plus lots of praise! it is a very good phone)

Omer> but any ways, we have our forum

ste> yes it does not seem as popular as modaco. much less posts

Omer> because it is only for i-mate users

Omer> not all smartphones

ste> omer, do you have an email address that i can contact you with?

Omer> you can send to [email protected]

ste> is it ok with you to post this conversation at modaco?

Omer> As you like

ste> ok, i will. will you get a chance to talk to the technicians tomorrow?

Omer> i'll be off tomorrow, i may get back to you on monday

ste> is there any way of contacting the technicians directly to inform them of the audio bug?

Omer> yes, at the same mail which i just gave you

Omer> you can send the mail and it should reach him

ste> ok, thanks. just to confirm then...

ste> as far as you are aware there is no new rom available next week

Omer> i told you that Brian may got the latest news

Omer> i'll double check and get back to you for the same

ste> is brain in the office tomorrow?

Omer> yes

ste> could you pass him my email address please

Omer> sure

Omer> he will be in the office at 3.00 PM till 11.00 PM

ste> what time zone are you in?

Omer> +4 GMT

ste> ok cheers. thanks for helping. it's just that this rom has been on the cards for such a long time and it's sometimes hard to get a straight answer out of you guys!!

Omer> cheers

ste> bye

Omer> have a nice day and bbye

Guest pharma79

From what I have understood in my contacts with imate , it seems that the offline support ( support@carrierdevices ) gives somewhat reliable answers .

Online support seems just like complete idiot ,

If you have ever chated with online support of clubimate , you have encountered 1. very high frequency of disconnection from the room(specially with tough questions !! ) 2. the "support" stuff seems to ask answers for about any question from someone else! (you can notice it by `please wait` or ` lemme check ` quotes .

About TSS bug , I have had a flashy topic in the forums with link to bazoo`s nice work for weeks . They certainly have been aware of it .

I just hope that HTC developers are more knowledgable than online support stuff ( from what we have seen by now maybe not ? )

Guest philosh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Rom doesn;t work that well on my SPVc500..The sound is a bit distorded.

Guest puckster

I agree that to get any sense out of i-mate you have to use the email support and defintely NOT the live support.

As for the WMP10 upgrade, i have had it confirmed that the US version of the SP3i is the only i-mate phone with it. Other devices are being worked on apparently, see the post here - http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=202995