Blackberry on C500?

Guest rockykabir

Guest rockykabir

Hey peeps,

On the verge of joining the smartphone community after finally ordering a silver c500 from Orange! (can't wait!) :D

It seems to have everything I want (especially the unlimited customization possibilities) except BlackBerry tho... :D

But just read this too-good-to-be-true press release from msmobiles -- is it realistic to presume that this will also come for the c500? If so, will Orange (or whoever) charge us for this extra feature? :?:

cya

tzk

High Tech Computer Corp. (HTC) and Research In Motion (RIM) have plans to expand distribution of BlackBerry Connect on Windows Mobile-based devices from HTC to carriers around the world.

Carriers will soon have access to a wider variety of Windows Mobile-based HTC devices with BlackBerry Connect. In addition to previously announced models from HTC, new initiatives will include the deployment of BlackBerry Connect on HTC's current generation of keyboard-based devices and will quickly expand to a wider deployment of Windows Mobile-based HTC devices.

BlackBerry Connect for HTC devices based on the Windows Mobile platform brings a suite of BlackBerry functionality, including secure, push-based e-mail and calendar synchronization. BlackBerry Connect supports both BlackBerry Enterprise Server for corporate users and BlackBerry Internet Service for individuals and smaller businesses.

For corporate customers, BlackBerry Enterprise Server software tightly integrates with Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based, wireless access to email and other corporate data.

For individuals and smaller businesses, BlackBerry Internet Service allows users to access up to ten corporate and/or personal email accounts (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and many popular ISP email accounts) from a single device.

HTC designs smart handheld devices like the Pocket PC Phone Edition HTC Blue Angel (a.k.a. i-mate PDA2k and O2 XDA IIs), HTC Harrier (a.k.a. Telecom NZ Harrier, Verizon XV6600) and Smartphones HTC Typhoon (a.k.a. i-mate Smartphone3 and SMT-5600).

Guest Confucious

Silver? I prefer the Black one :D

Welcome to the wonderful world of SmartPhones :D

see http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=203113

As for Blackberry functionality, I will believe it when I see it it will probably need Providers to have servers as well so the phone provider will need to buy into the idea and then will probably charge for it but I'm not holding my breath....