MPX220 not charging and sync

Guest amarofilho

Guest mgrosh
Can you help me? My 220 isn´t charging and recognizing the usb cable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had to take mine back to the store yesterday. tested the usb cable and phone. it ended up being the phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adamos168

ive experienced that.. i brought my fone to a cell repair shop and they found out that the fuse was blown on the charging terminal.. but they cant seem to find whats wrong with the usb terminal.. upto to now it still chargers but doesnt sync using the usb cable.. can sync thru bt though.. :D

• 3 months later...
Guest omega2008

I have never had this problem but I did have it on the Motorola V600 which uses the same CE Bus connector. To fix the problem I took a eraser and cleaned the contacts then whiped them with rubbing alcohol and let it dry completly and then cleaned it again with the eraser.

Problem fixed...never had the problem again...I guess the CE bus connector just got dirty. You could try this at your own risk and see if it works for you.

Guest cortez

i had my phone for 7 months until last week when it stopped charging. Moto told me that it's a connector issue (whatever that is). i took the phone apart and cleaned it and that didn't do squat. in my opinion, the problem must be related to the motherboard. i finally gave up and swapped phones...

Guest wildmanviper

I had a similar problem but my fix was to pull the pins on the charger end out a bit using some needle nose pliers and it worked. I guess the pins became weak and snuck down into the charging connector. With the usb cable not syncing, I had to uninstall and reinstall my activesync software. I believe I might have ran into a problem when my computer caught a virus and norton started quarantining files automatically without asking me whether i wanted to or not. Reloading the software seemed to fix my problem, i would give that a try first.