linux ROM already out for e200?

Guest udo Bachmann

Guest markgamber
Hello,

does anybody know if this linux ROM is already out for flash?

Udo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!! I think they're working on putting it on a string of christmas lights right now.

Guest SKOOBICE
Hello,

does anybody know if this linux ROM is already out for flash?

Udo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which Linux rom???? are you having a laugh??????

Guest lonegunman

Sorry can't see what you 2 find so funny, just because at a guess you 2 are not working on it, no need to make the guy feel silly for asking the qustion, the linux rom has pretty much been run on on most of the HTC Phones/PDA ( if you check back on here you will find it was once run on the 1st SPV), anyway no there is no linux out for the E200...etc...etc.. as yet, guess somewhere in the world somebody is working on it and as soon as it become useable someone will let us know.

Guest markgamber
Sorry can't see what you 2 find so funny, just because at a guess you 2 are not working on it, no need to make the guy feel silly for asking the qustion, the linux rom has pretty much been run on on most of the HTC Phones/PDA ( if you check back on here you will find it was once run on the 1st SPV), anyway no there is no linux out for the E200...etc...etc.. as yet, guess somewhere in the world somebody is working on it and as soon as it become useable someone will let us know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just cracks me up that someone would bother trying to make linux run on a windows based smartphone when they could get on the web and order one,, right now, brand new, running a version designed for that phone's hardware. Trying to make linux run on an xbox....ok, there is no such thing as a linux based game machine. If you're really that bored, go for it. All 10 or 12 people that care will love you. But there are linux phones. Several, in fact. And last I checked, reasonably priced and supposively they work pretty well. Why would someone think their undoubtedly half-assed hack job running on alien hardware is going to top that? As a programmer and a hardware engineer, I think it's funny.