Tip on setting up your o2 XDA II Mini

Guest MitchellO

Guest MitchellO

No. I typically have 12mb free. I have installed a few more programs, and when you have some temp internet files I have 12mb free. No probs!

Guest Perfectionist
My Jam suddenly decided to do a hard reset on me last night, so before i started getting it back to normal i thought i'd give this ago.

Without installing anything i have an instant 15mb memory boost! i.e. only 0.94mb of storage memory is being used!!

I decided to get BT up and running so i could properly see the files in the extended rom directory. I've attached this list for those who are interested.

Right which ones to install, and which ones to not!

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanna try this !!

Does anybody know what all the T-mobile files do ??

Which ones are essential to install ??

Also, would there be any permenant damage done if I try and delete the Extended ROM folder ??

Guest MitchellO

Why would you want to delete it? If you want to hide it, run the delete_vdisk cab and it should disappear.

I doubt it would let you delete it anyway.

Why would you want to delete it? If you want to hide it, run the delete_vdisk cab and it should disappear.

I doubt it would let you delete it anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive been using these tricks for a while but I CANT get phonepad to work. I do the softreset, then install my operator settings. Then I click phonepad and it installs all the T9 stuff but then when I go to messaging and click the SIP I get keyboard etc etc but not phonepad. HELP!

Guest MitchellO

Did you click the little arrow next to the pic of the keyboard at the bottom? If you do, a menu will appear and you should see PhonePad as an option.

Did you click the little arrow next to the pic of the keyboard at the bottom? If you do, a menu will appear and you should see PhonePad as an option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesnt. So what I did was a hard reset and just installed everything just to make sure. Phonepad was still not there, and when I went to the help and selected phone pad it just came up as junk. I think it might be to do with the ROM update I did, not sure.

Guest MitchellO

I'd post my PhonePad cab, but I am on dialup atm. If you post a message tomorrow to remind me I should have broadband and will upload the file.

I'd post my PhonePad cab, but I am on dialup atm. If you post a message tomorrow to remind me I should have broadband and will upload the file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After thinking about your reply I re-installed the WWE ROM then copied the phonepad.cab to SD card. Installed the Arabic Extended ROM then as I suspected phonepad didnt work. So I then re-installed the WWE phonepad.cab and viola it worked!

Thanks

Guest kev51773

So, does anyone have a definative list of what each of these cab files does,

So far I know;

Autorun - Application to initiate the installation Process

Caller_ID_T-Mobile_WWE_RC10 - Caller Id and Photo Contacts

Config - List detailing the order of the installation process

Customize.sa - T-Mobile settings

Delete_vdisk_shortcut_WWE.sa - Hides the extended rom folder

GPRSMonitor_WWE.sa - The standard crap GPRS monitor

Intellidialer_T-Mobile_WWE_RC10 - T-Mobile modded Intellidialer

Intellipad_TMO_WWE_B12 - The T-Mobile Modded T9 style text entry system

EmailWiz_UK_v1.01.0003_1011 - Setup UK email account

MMS_2.0.0.13_WWE - MMS libraries

MMS_Setting_WWE_UK - MMS UK Settings

TP_Disable - Disables Touchpad during install process

TP_Enable - Enables Touchpad at end of install process

Ones I dont know for sure, some of which sound obvious are,

Zip_Magician_T-Mobile_WWE_B12 - Is this the crap zip package?

Version_WWE_101128.sa - No idea

UA_Profile_TMO - No idea

TMO_WallPaper - I assume this is the offensive looking wallpaper

TMO_CustomizeUK_WWE_B13 - Not sure

Java 10.1.2.57_WWE - Is this is PocketPC JRE?

Backup_Restore.sa - Is this required as well as the Activesync backup option?

Camera_Patch_WWE_B15.sa - Does this provide camera function or improve it?

If anyone could explain any of the bottom section, that would be helpful, I don't really want to remove cabs without understanding the functionality I am removing.

Also does anyone have an version of intellidialer without T-Mobile's mods that they could share?

Guest jfran
Ones I dont know for sure, some of which sound obvious are,

Zip_Magician_T-Mobile_WWE_B12 - Is this the crap zip package?

Yes, its basic but does the trick

TMO_WallPaper - I assume this is the offensive looking wallpaper

yes you said it, you could just replace this with your favourite wallpaper if modifying the extended Rom folder and the config file

TMO_CustomizeUK_WWE_B13 - Not sure
All other forms if t-mobile customisation like the t-mobile today menu, t zones etc

Java 10.1.2.57_WWE - Is this is PocketPC JRE?

yes

Backup_Restore.sa - Is this required as well as the Activesync backup option?

Camera_Patch_WWE_B15.sa - Does this provide camera function or improve it?

Not really needed as I havent seen any difference using them.

Have also installed device manager and task manager from the guy that provided the reg edit, quite like fact that you can perform soft/hard resets directly from the screen!

rgds

jim

• 1 year later...
Guest chinoxl

Hi,

I followed the steps as suggested on the first page but cannot see the "Extended_ROM" folder nor can I find the other file mentioned, can someone tell me how I can find this please. I have an O2 XDA mini S.

thankyou

Ben

Guest chinoxl

Can someone please give me some help with the problem I posted about, I'm finding this phone a nightmare, its soooooo slow, I just need to get it to the state it was in before O2 got their hands on it.

Thanks

Guest chucky.egg

I think you need to run the Ext ROM unlocker before it will become visible

Try the attached CAB, but I can't be sure it'll work (I've never used it on mine)

The other alternative is to put a different ROM on, I use the imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM on my T-Mobile MDA Vario (a Wizard, the same as the XDA Mini S) and it's absolutely rock solid. There are loads of thread on that already (search for "imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM")

The Wizard isn't a fast device though, the processor is a bit sluggish and these things can never have quite enough memory.

Util_UnlockExtRom.cab

Guest chinoxl

Cool,

Thanks, I can see the Extended ROM now, I just need to know what to keep, how can I get my PC to see it?

Thanks

Ben

I think you need to run the Ext ROM unlocker before it will become visible

Try the attached CAB, but I can't be sure it'll work (I've never used it on mine)

The other alternative is to put a different ROM on, I use the imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM on my T-Mobile MDA Vario (a Wizard, the same as the XDA Mini S) and it's absolutely rock solid. There are loads of thread on that already (search for "imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM")

The Wizard isn't a fast device though, the processor is a bit sluggish and these things can never have quite enough memory.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Br1an_g

hi,

could someone with the O2 rom send me the MMS settings?

i have a qtek s110 on o2, which i got from buymobile phones .net but my MMS has stopped working and ive tried every setting i can think of (and that worked before)

[email protected]

cheers

• 3 years later...
Guest donnalie
Here's mine. It is muuuuuuuch longer than yours. I installed just the things circled in red.

gud day!!! o hope you can help me with my [roblem with my xdamini. i dont have the extended folder. i cant even use a phonepad in creating a message.... please give me a copy of the folder and any driver please... my sister just gave it to me so i really dont have the complete set when she handed me my xda... thanks a lot!!!