Ann: mTimeSync for Smartphone

Guest SlipstreamSolutions

New from SlipstreamSolutions.co.uk...

mTimeSync for Smartphone!

mTimeSync_SP.gif

mTimeSync is a .NET application to keep your Smartphone clock automatically synchronized with atomic NTP time servers on the Internet.

mTimeSync uses a minimal amount of bandwidth and its rich, intuitive interface allows a user to select from a number of options, including:

• Configurable settings, including server name, NTP string and NTP port.
  • Automatic polling, including synchronization every N-minutes and N-retries of a failed sync (optional).
  • Primary and Secondary NTP time servers for failover and reliability.
  • Automatically dials if not connected (optional).
  • Automatically starts synchronizing when the application is run (optional).
  • Automatically runs in the background.
  • Supports worldwide time zones and daylight saving times.

All you need on your Smartphone is Microsoft .NET Compact Framework and a connection to the Internet (such as GPRS).

www.SlipstreamSolutions.co.uk

Edited by SlipstreamSolutions

Guest Confucious

I would have had a look at this but as I use Firefox I can't.

If a company can't even use proper standards for it's website does one have to question the standards used in their software?

:D

Guest tudor

Why do people blame the webmaster for the site not being diplayed properly and not the Firefox browser for not being able to display it? The issue is that Internet Explorer CAN and Firefox CAN NOT display the page, and I don't think it's fair to judge the company by Firefox's ability to display a page.

And... before you question this... I'm not related to this company, nor am I interested in their product - it's just a matter of principle.

Edited by tudor

Guest gcparris

Tudor, not wishing to slate you but you obviously don't really know too much about web page design standards then :D

Why do people blame the webmaster for the site not being diplayed properly and not the Firefox browser for not being able to display it? The issue is that Internet Explorer CAN and Firefox CAN NOT display the page, and I don't think it's fair to judge the company by Firefox's ability to display a page.

And... before you question this... I'm not related to this company, nor am I interested in their product - it's just a matter of principle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest tudor
Tudor, not wishing to slate you but you obviously don't really know too much about web page design standards then :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I do know, but I also appreciate the capability of Internet Explorer to cope even with poorly written pages.

Guest Confucious

No, it just means that Micro$oft change the rules to suit themselves.

If people want to write their web pages so only IE users can view them then fine. It's there problem, I'm nopt going to use IE just to suit them.. If they don't want me to view their page I wont. If they want their pages to be viewable by most people they shouls use agreed standards.

Fine by me either way. :D

Guest chucky.egg
Actually, I do know, but I also appreciate the capability of Internet Explorer to cope even with poorly written pages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is all kind of OT, but...

You say we shouldn't judge the company based on Firefox's ability to display the page, and then say that their page(s) are poorly written. So in effect the judgement of the company is based on their ability to produce a working web page and not on Firefox's ability to display it.

Anyways, mTIMEsync is not as interesting to me as mGALsync...

Guest tudor

OK guys, here are my APOLOGIES :oops:

I've just had a brief look before on their home page's source code and it all seemed clean to me, except for some redundant tags, that's why I've defended them. The idea that Firefox would not be able to display it made me question the quality of the browser.

However, I've just installed Firefox now to check and the home page renders fine, but there are other pages that don't show up ok, and IT IS poor design. I think it's due to FrontPage and the WYSIWYG design.

Still, I don't think we should judge the application by the look of the web page.

Guest Belgarath Krall

so i can update my phone's clock (which doesn't lose more than a few minutes over a few months i imagine) over the air with a pay-for gprs connection...or use activesync for free like pretty much every smartphone user here

...sorry to be cynical, or have i missed the point?

Hi guys, apologies for the incompatibility problems with FireFox. :oops:

I have soundly beaten my web designer (which he actually seemed to quite enjoy) and the pages are now displaying correctly.

Joanne

Guest sunoke

The problem is not the incompatibility with firefox, but not following a html standard. When I validate your web page it is still full of errors. If you fix those the page and the page does comply, for example to the html 4.01 transitional standard, it can be correctly interpreted by a browser that complies with that standard (most browsers do).

Hi sunoke, cheers for the tip.

I've passed it along with a few comments... :evil: ...and looks like they're getting busy.

Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.