news:i-mate released ROM update for SP3 Smartphone

Guest e_hour

Guest e_hour

Club i-mate recently released an ROM update for their i-mate SP3 (aka HTC Typhoon but better known as Orange C500) which is available for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Turkish languages.

Major Improvements:

Tao Group Java Client is now included

With the wired headset, you can now reject an incoming call by pressing and holding the "answer" button for 2 seconds

With the wired headset, you can now answer a call that is waiting whilst you are in another call by tapping the "answer" button

Polyphonic MIDI ringtones are now supported

The Gaming API (GAPI) problem of flickering games when played in Full Screen has been fixed

The Gaming API (GAPI) problem of screen freeze has been fixed

The voice and data call handling software has been updated to improve stability

The camera auto-exposure has been corrected so that the picture will not "white-out" in bright conditions

T9 improvements for ActiveSync E-Mail, Internet Explorer and the symbol table

T9 Portuguese included by default in the operating system

Improved cursor control and multikey press

Improved menu-translations for Italian, Turkish, French and Portuguese users

USSD services have been upgraded

Club i-mate offers 3 language combinations for the SP3 which you have to choose the one appropriate for you. Also available is the Arabic support for your SP3 (if required)

Please note that this ROM update is available for registered Club i-mate members only .To become a Club i-mate member, you need an i-mate device because Club i-mate is verifying the IMEI number of your handset, you have to use to create your account with! Club i-mate ROM updates are not available for customers with different branded devices such as Qtek, Xda, MDA or SPV.