Multiplayer Games Questions

Guest muff

Resident Games Guru 'Muff' posted the following in our Games section... and I thought i'd slide it on over to the Front Page to make sure all you guys see it.

Make sure you have a read, and fill in the poll!

P

It's question time again folks :D

I'm wondering if people are interested in multiplayer games, RPG's, MMORPG's etc for their Smartphones + PPC PE's

and if so how they would be willing to play them

just to clarify the options....

1. offline and single player only

2. play with mates over BT - something like Kumite or a co-op Diablo kinda thing, where you mate is in BT range

3. play realtime over GPRS - connecting to servers ala MMORPG's and so interacting with players over the world

4. 'Offline Online™' - this is a Spacemonkey idea :D - to explain, it's basically a single player offline game that allows you to choose to connect to master servers (with GPRS) and sell/buy items from other players, set missions etc via a village bulletin board style system

2 seperate questions, but related so I wont create another poll -

1. are people willing to pay subscription charges for RPG's that continue to grow?? i.e. downloadable content is added to the world (and if yes, then how much they think is acceptable)

2. would being able to continue the same game on your PC and phone (same data) be something people would like to be able to do?? so you can use the same save game and game data on both and can continue the game on both

hope the options make sense

look forward to what you all have to say :D

muff

Guest pd.ryder

I hope multi-player via BT really takes off on the Smartphone platform. There are some extremely fine games out there now which would be very competetive with this BT feature.

I would like to be able to play the same game with the same saved data on both PC and phone, but, being a bit skint, lengthy GPRS connections would be a no-no. A periodic update of critical info (to/from the phone) would be ideal as long as it's not too hungry for data.

By way of 'off topic' comment - has anyone been able to d/l the demo of Eclipse - First Wave from the MoDaCo Shop? All's I get is 'target not on this server' error :cry:

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest chucky.egg
play with mates over BT - something like Kumite

Did Kumite ever get released? I must have missed it.

BT games would be great, but I doubt I would play over GPRS, and TBH i switch "favourite" game so often I doubt I would be interested in paying for add-ons

Did Kumite ever get released?  I must have missed it.

alas no :D

hardware changes made it unplayable, so we shelved it for now

I was only using Kumite here as an example of potential BT multiplayer

By way of 'off topic' comment - has anyone been able to d/l the demo of Eclipse - First Wave from the MoDaCo Shop? All's I get is 'target not on this server' error :cry:

not sure why that is - have u mailed the shop ?

p.s. the demo is also on places like Handango

Guest pd.ryder
not sure why that is - have u mailed the shop ?

p.s. the demo is also on places like Handango

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've PM'd the shop and the mods but no reply - no one's interested :roll:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.