Unable to delete folders on phone

Guest cat999

Guest cat999

I've deleted certain programmes and themes via Active Sync explorer. When I go into my phone, SPV c500, using Smart Explorer and click on STORAGE/WINDOWS/APPMGR I find that the deleted programme folders and theme folders are still there. When I use Smart Explorer to try and delete the said files/folders it gives me the following message: Unable to delete file! If I go into phone settings, and remove programmes, the links to the folders are there and I am unable to remove them that way. Can anybody help?

Guest Confused Stu

I've checked my phone and there's a temporary file in there for every piece of software I've ever installed (and uninstalled). I don't think they're designed to be deleted.

My whole folder's less than 200Kb - if it's space you're after you'd be better off moving your ringtones to your storage card. If it's just an electronic version of a colonic you're after - just do hard reset and when the phone's set itself back up the files will be gone. Admittedly, so will all your contacts, programs you've installed, and everything else you've put on the phone!

Good luck, and if you find what the files actually do - let me know cos I'm kinda curious now! :D

Guest cat999

thanks for checking, it's not space I'm after I just wanted to tidy things up, but it looks like I'm stuck with a footprint of everything I've put on the phone. Unless anbody out there knows of a way of deleting these files.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Here's how I do it.

1. Rename AppMgr folder to AppMgrX using ActiveSync.

2. Reboot phone.

3. Using ActiveSync, browse to \Storage\windows\AppMgrX then delete folder you wished removed.

4. Rename AppMgrX back to AppMgr then reboot phone.

Make sure its just the folder you will delete. If the folder contains a *.tmp file inside, DO NOT delete. Backup instead. When a tmp file is still inside, it means that the program was not yet uninstalled. :D

If you cant delete folder, check your computer's Folder Options settings...

Open drive C > Tools > Folder Options > View tab...check if you have same setup as this one...click Apply button when finished.

snap4491uy.jpg

BTW my phone is app-unlocked.

Guest cat999
Here's how I do it.

1. Rename AppMgr folder to AppMgrX using ActiveSync.

2. Reboot phone.

3. Using ActiveSync, browse to \Storage\windows\AppMgrX then delete folder you wished removed.

4. Rename AppMgrX back to AppMgr then reboot phone.

Make sure its just the folder you will delete. If the folder contains a *.tmp file inside, DO NOT delete. Backup instead. When a tmp file is still inside, it means that the program was not yet uninstalled.  :D

If you cant delete folder, check your computer's Folder Options settings...

Open drive C > Tools > Folder Options > View tab...check if you have same setup as this one...click Apply button when finished.

snap4491uy.jpg

BTW my phone is app-unlocked.

will not let me rename the folder

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi.

Do you have app-unlocked (decertified) phone? I have an app-unlocked phone, followed the Folder Settings mentioned above so can easily rename the folder. :D