Help! how to switch GPRS always to OFF ?!?!

Guest jamon

Guest jamon

I need this because my moto mpx200 hawe problems with my operator when GPRS is on on my phone...

is there any regkey patch or something... or i'm blind and can find that option on the phone???

???

Regards!

Guest jamon
Welcome to the site :D

The easiest way is to ask your operator to disable GPRS on your account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea! i allready do that... but it's blah solution when you need internet... :D

Guest jamon
I've posted here a simple solution to disable it temporarily.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TNX! i deleted all connections form my GPRS setings...

but my moto still have [G] on main bar... and sometime when [G] is on i lose sometimes main network signal ... =/

Guest sunoke

The [G] means that possible, not that you are connected.

When you lose the main network signal you are probably out of reach of the network. The built in antennae of the mpx200 isn't that great.

Guest shyne

im havin the same problem. after closing IE the G remains at the top of the reception bars. and doesnt go away unless i turn off/on my phone. how can i get rid of the G without having to reboot?

Guest tudor
im havin the same problem. after closing IE the G remains at the top of the reception bars. and doesnt go away unless i turn off/on my phone. how can i get rid of the G without having to reboot?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On HTC Typhoon models, press and hold the home key. You will get a menu with the first option "Disconnect GPRS".

Guest awarner [MVP]

It will remain on top of the reception bars on the LCD display, this does not mean you are using GPRS.

tudor the MPX200 gives you the quick list menu unlike the typhoon's menu.

Guest tudor
tudor the MPX200 gives you the quick list menu unlike the typhoon's menu.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean? On Typhoon you DO get a quick list by pressing Home and holding, and you have the Disconnect GPRS option.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You DO NOT (I can type in capitals as well :D ) get the actual "Quick List" menu which you get from pressing the power button.

The MPX200 is completely different to the typhoon regarding the Home key button\menu configuration due to the way the ROM has been written. For example the C500 has this option you mention, but the Audiovox which is also a typhoon model phone is different again, pressing the Home button on the Audiovox starts IE and not the GPRS\BT option.

Guest tudor
I can type in capitals as well :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't type in capitals as in shouting, but as in emphasizing :D

You DO NOT get the actual "Quick List" menu which you get from pressing the power button.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On my C500 I get two "quick lists", one by pressing the power button - and this has the profiles, flight mode and lock options, and another "quick list" by pressing and holding the home key - and this has the disconnect GPRS and BT.

I didn't know about SMT5600's home key. I should have said C500 :D

Guest llch_81
I didn't type in capitals as in shouting, but as in emphasizing :D

On my C500 I get two "quick lists", one by pressing the power button - and this has the profiles, flight mode and lock options, and another "quick list" by pressing and holding the home key - and this has the disconnect GPRS and BT.

I didn't know about SMT5600's home key. I should have said C500 :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

to disconnect from gprs after using, press on the hang-up button (red color) twice with a 1 second interval in between... this takes a lil practice but once u get the hang of it, should work.

works on both wm2002 and wm 2003.

cheerios.. oh by the way, i have a copy of the crazy frog video. anyone interested pls msg me haahah! absolutely annoying!

cheerios

leo

Easy fellas,

The G on your icon bar means GPRS is avaiable in the area your in.

The G on your reception bars means you are connected to GPRS.

GPRS is only charged on the amount you download, not the time you are connected for, so it doesn't really matter if your connected or not if you leave it with no activity im sure it will time out and dissapear by itself.

P.S. I use a C500 so I'll be happy to stand corrected. But just because theres an Icon showing doesnt mean it's costing you.

Guest tudor

You are right 5IB5, but, on the other hand, how can you be sure that some program, which initiated a connection, is not transmitting or downloading stuff behind your back? Having no "G" icon on top of the bars makes people feel safe.

I think that what we really need for smarthpones is a firewall program able to give us control on what applications are allowed to connect and how much traffic is each application allowed to make.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to set for application "X" permissions to connect only between 3am and 4am, only to host "updates.applicationx.com" and with a traffic limit of 34kB per day? Come on, programmers, give us this treat!

• 3 months later...
Guest canada

Hi,

I am sorry to re-open this discussion, but I have the same problem - I can not switch off the GPRS connection of my mpx200. I deleted all the data connections but i am still being charged by my mobile provider (Fido Canada) Please Help, is there a switch off function??

Guest ronny
Hi,

I am sorry to re-open this discussion, but I have the same problem - I can not switch off the GPRS connection of  my mpx200. I deleted all the data connections but i am still being charged by my mobile provider (Fido Canada) Please Help, is there a switch off function??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm sure that there is something wrong woth your network, how can you connect to GPRS without anything in the data connections. :??: talk to your service provider.