Using ActiveSync to Restore Your M2000

Guest c0v0c

Guest c0v0c

I'm on my 2nd M2000 as the 1st one wouldnt stop hard reseting (Orange replaced next day).

Was gutted i didnt use activesync to backup my device as it can restore EVERYTHING programs/settings/scores/EVERYTHING with a few clicks (better than the 2hrs it used to take doing each proggy individually).

I now use ActiveSync to BackUp my device everyday, however when i tried to RESTORE my new M2000 following a recent Hard Reset crash, i was met with the following ERROR from ActiveSync:-

"The backup file you have selected was created from a mobile device using an incompatible language than the device you have selected. Restore cannot continue with this operation."

EH? I'm using english, the phones in English, So's the ERROR!!!

Anyway found this page in Microsoft Knowledge Base:-

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;250331

Basically change the language to English (UK) in settings from default (US) and you can restore away, everything now like the moments before the Hard Reset.

Note:- In another older post someone stated a small BackUp proggy that allows you to leave a small *.exe on your storage card allowing Restores when away from your home etc, not sure if this is free though.

Question:- Anyone experienced the PDAMODS M2000 cradle seeming to make their M2000 Hard Reset?

It seemed to create a problem on my old handset.

Since then i've a new phone AND a new PDAMODS cradle.

I DONT leave it in the cradle when i turn the motor on to avoid surges (although their is adequate surge protection in the cradle), but this still seems to be the causing factor!!!

Anyone else???

Guest dazza12

I've got the same PDAMods cradle in my car. I've not had the problem with hard resets.

Surges can depend on the car, and also the cradle. The cradle itself may have been faulty.

Guest c0v0c
I've got the same PDAMods cradle in my car. I've not had the problem with hard resets.

Surges can depend on the car, and also the cradle. The cradle itself may have been faulty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the 2nd cradle and second phone, the motors the only thing the same!

Oh and me who appears to be a jinx...

Anyway phone just 10minutes ago HARD bombed again!!!

This had nout to do with motor just an incoming call and I've had the same sympton twice on the old phone, call coming in goto answer and BANG, gone, hard reseted!!!!

Anyway everytime it restarts it shows a CoPilot license acceptance so I wonder if its something to do with that?

Anyone else using CoPilot PPC 5 and experiencing similar probs?

Guest fraser

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Power in a car is ropy at best. The voltage varies wildly when starting the engine and there is a lot of electical noise from the fans, ignition system etc. Power supply adapters for cars need to be designed with this in mind, so your car would need to be massively bad for it to cause problems. These cradles should be well up to the task, voltage regulators are pretty mature.

Guest c0v0c
Power in a car is ropy at best. The voltage varies wildly when starting the engine and there is a lot of electical noise from the fans, ignition system etc. Power supply adapters for cars need to be designed with this in mind, so your car would need to be massively bad for it to cause problems. These cradles should be well up to the task, voltage regulators are pretty mature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed i agree, i had the last faulty cradle apart before sending it back to PDAMODS in case it was simply a small thermal fuse, but this was fine and a capacitor was actually faulty so i decided to just exchange for a brand new one.

Anyway as stated i never leave it in the cradle on turning the engine over for extra reassurance, surge arrestors etc are designed to protect, but that doesnt mean with a bad enough spike that they wont simply open circuit forever.

Anyway all said and done i believe my fault is a possible software conflict, likely CoPilot, to be honest though and unless it gets worse, i will hang on for a possible O-Rom update, trouble is tomoorow never comes.