Bluetooth GPS on Orange SPV2000

Guest ebony_rascal

Guest ebony_rascal

I have a Acore AG-600 GPS unit with TOMTOM 3 software but I am having problems getting them to work togther. The SPV2000 connects to the AG-600 via bluetooth but does not use it. I sometimes get GPS disabled or GPS signal unreliable. When I try to select a GPS unit with in TOMTOM the AG-600 is not listed but the CD that comes with the unit does not have an obvious way of installing drivers to the SPV2000.

Am I missing something ?? Any help much appreciated !!!

Guest griffog
I have a Acore AG-600 GPS unit with TOMTOM 3 software but I am having problems getting them to work togther. The SPV2000 connects to the AG-600 via bluetooth but does not use it. I sometimes get GPS disabled or GPS signal unreliable. When I try to select a GPS unit with in TOMTOM the AG-600 is not listed but the CD that comes with the unit does not have an obvious way of installing drivers to the SPV2000.

Am I missing something ?? Any help much appreciated !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The GPS won't be specifically listed but it will almost certinaly be a standard NMEA type so won't need any drivers. I'm not familiar with the Acore unit but you should try 'Wireless GPS' and the BT Com Port for the m2000 as the settings in TomTom's GPS applet. On my XDAII the BT com Port is COM 5 but ISTR that it's COM7 on the m2000.

Guest ebony_rascal

I have set the NMEA to 38400 as per the documentation

My port options appear to be any ideas on what might work ??

Infared port

COM9

serial cable on COM1

COM2

BT UART

Serial on USB

Bluetooth serial port COM6

Bluetooth serial port COM5

Also on the Bluetooth connection wizard is correct to set up a the explore a bluetooth device to discover services option ? or is it one of the others...

cheers

Paul

Guest griffog
I have set the NMEA to 38400 as per the documentation

My port options appear to be any ideas on what might work ??

Infared port

COM9

serial cable on COM1

COM2

BT UART

Serial on USB

Bluetooth serial port COM6

Bluetooth serial port COM5

Also on the Bluetooth connection wizard is correct to set up a the explore a bluetooth device to discover services option ?  or is it one of the others...

cheers

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try 5 first and then 6.