Typhoon Car Kit with GPS Socket

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Spotted by tiler65

Seidio have produced two carkits for the Typhoon range of Smartphones.

Both have one very interesting feature, they both have a socket to plug in a cable GPS unit. It will be interesting to see if this is compatable with TomTom or Co-Pilot.

The first model is the Seidio G2500M and is priced at $124.45

post-53-1111484842_thumb.jpgpost-53-1111484860_thumb.jpgpost-53-1111484873_thumb.jpg

Model specific- Securely hold and charge your SP3 the cradle without having to take the time to plug in additional wires and cables..

Integrated Speaker with Volume Control- Ability to be used as a speakerphone with improved sound output when attached to your PDA.

GPS Ready- Plug the optional GPS wired receiver directly into the cradle for charging and connect it to the SP3 to eliminate expensive Y cables. For users with Bluetooth receivers, the receiver can be charged with the optional charging cable.

DC Out Port- An additional port for charging your Bluetooth receiver, cellular phone, or additional PDA with the optional cable.

DC Power- Can be supplied from the 12Vsocket in your car or by hard wiring the unit directly into the car's electrical system (12-24 V)

The Mounting Solutions- With included pedestals, SP3 users can mount their SP3 in a variety of ways based on their personal preference or vehicle interior.

The phone communication comes from G2500 amplified speaker and GPS command comes from SP3 interner speaker.

Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Car kit includes:

1 Seidio G2500 GPS Ready docking cradle .

1 8" Super Strong Suction Windshield Pedestal

1 Air Vent Pedestal

1 Car Charger

1 360 Degree Swivel Adaptor

1 External microphone

1 Earbud Headset - 2.5mm Jack

The second unit is the Seidio G2100M and is priced at $84.45

post-53-1111485027_thumb.jpgpost-53-1111485042_thumb.jpgpost-53-1111485056_thumb.jpg

Securely holds and charges your iMate SP3.

Built-in audio jack in the holder means no additional audio cables needed

Switch available on the cradle to allow you to easily select either "hands free" mode or "MP3/GPS" mode.

GPS ready - Plug the GPS mouse (wired) receiver directly into the cradle for charging and connecting to iMate SP3 for GPS application.

There are two extra audio jacks available on the cradle:

o Audio out jack.

o External microphone jack Plug in a microphone for hands-free operation.

Provides functionality through your car stereo speakers:

Loud and clear MP3 stereo playback and GPS commands by using the following inputs (not included):

FM Transmitter: We recommend Seidio FM Transmitter, designed to work with this car kit.

Cassette adaptor

Auxiliary car stereo input

Hands-free speakerphone with external microphone (included)

Power Options:

Cigarette lighter socket;

Unit can be hardwired directly into car electrical system (12-24 V)

Mounting solutions:

8" Super Strong Suction Windshield Pedestal

Locking Vent Pedestal

360-degree swivel adaptor for maximum driver/passenger readability and viewing

With these options, users can mount the cradle according to preference or vehicle interior

What is in the box:

1 Seidio G 2100M 2 in 1 cradle with detachable DC power cord

1 8" Super Strong Suction Windshield Pedestal

1 Lock Vent Pedestal

1 360 Degree Swivel Adaptor

1 High quality, external microphone.

1 Earpiece

For more information and pricing go to http://www.Seidio-Europe.com...

Remember MoDaCo Plus members enjoy a $5 discount :D

Guest acavell

8) Used to have one of these for my Palm (I am reformed now), it was very good but a few words of caution:-

1. Construction is poor as is sound quality, the one I had (palm) had an irritating buzz even with the volume low and this wasnt solved by a replacement unit.

2. The connector in the cradle can be flakey, and the Palm version caused the Palm to wobble in a fairly irritating way that and it didnt always charge properly.

But having said that, its a good peice of Kit and cheap enough

Guest cruro02

Tried to order one of these kits from Seidio Europe to be sent to Australia. Australia appears as a delivery destination on the order system and the order was accepted. Six days later I get an email from them saying I have to cancel the order and re-order from their USA site. I go to their USA site only to find that what I had ordered from their European site is not yet available in the USA. What a crock. :x

Not impressed by the level of service offered. At this point I have emailed them back asking what they intend to do about the situation, but as yet - no reply. :x

If ths is the level of service offered by them I might just cancel the order and wait for someone else to come out with a car kit for my SP3..

Anyone know of any other car kits availabel or coming in the near future?? :?:

Guest Fizz_daz

I ordered from teh european site and they have now sent me an email saying they are not yet available and are waiting for stocks from america... why put something on the site that is no yet available... I paid for next day delivery too as I really need a new car kit for my travelling..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.