SP3i Phone for Spares or Rapair (UK)

Guest Backflipping

Guest Backflipping

Hi,

I have an SP3i which has a duff joystick. I have tried to repair it (actually removing and opening the component) and although it did start to work - i tried to fix it a bit more and made things worse... so...

Because ive void the warrenty, I think i'm just going to buy a new phone (another SP3i - I really liked the phone), and will have some spares to put on eBay.

I really just want some advice at this point... the phone works 100% apart from the joystick (which basically means the keypad will need replacing). The screen is perfect (no dead pixels) as are the other parts...

How much roughly do you reakon the phone is worth?

What about just the screen? What about other seperate components?

I think I will just auction the enitre phone, rather than the screen seperatly - what do you think?

Any advice would be great, or if your interested, let me know...

(I could do with getting a good amount as the new SP3i is about £300 which is very annoying considering the broken component is woth pence :D )

Tim

Edited by Backflipping

Guest usdiver

Hi, was referred to you by another fellow modaco member...hope you can help. situation...bought a c500, unlocked on ebay for £70 (knowing it had a cracked lcd screen)...but didn't know the outer screen was cracked as well as the guy didn't mention that one when I asked. HTC told me £90 for the lcd, and £28 for the outer bit (facia). I can get an spv e200 fairly cheap, but was told the lcd screens were different. What do I do? have this one fixed? or just keep it as it is and get another c500? or try to find spare parts?? any suggestions? thanks

Guest Backflipping

Hi,

I am happy to sell you my entire phone, with perfect LCD. The font case although in prefect condition, has a faulty keypad (the joystick is missing). The case of course is the SP3i, not a C500, but the LCDs are the same...

I would like to get about £150+ for the phone considering the only fault is the joystick... As its only the screen you want, you may not feel this is that useful...

Let me know,

Tim

Edited by Backflipping

Guest usdiver

Hi,

I am happy to sell you my entire phone, with perfect LCD. The font case although in prefect condition, has a faulty keypad (the joystick is missing). The case of course is the SP3i, not a C500, but the LCDs are the same...

Hi, I do appreciate the offer but can't afford that kind of money. and yes, the screen would be the only part of use to me. I've asked for my money back but the guy won't respond to my emails...but then he's got the money now. all in all, if I can't find just the screen, I'll be better off taking a loss and selling it like it is. It would be of use to someone that had a water damaged phone though, as the phone does work, makes, and receives calls. Thank you for the offer though. Steve

Guest usdiver

can you let me know if you change your mind and will sell the screen? also if anyone else is out there that has a screen can you let me know as well? thanks

Guest usdiver

I was told that the sp3i screen was about 2mm wider than the c500, or is it the sp3 that is wider? I don't know, but all I can afford right now is £40.00 which I realize might be an insult, but I need a facia too. It's just that I paid too much for the phone to start with. Will your screen definately work? I will understand if you don't want to sell it to me as you can get more out of the whole phone on ebay....I'm almost ready to cut my losses and stick it back on ebay myself. Should have done some research before I bought it...anyway, just have to smile and go on...

Guest celica1.8st

I got my Orange SPV c500 for £75 (that's how much the contract costs for the whole year)

So if I chuck the contract sim card in the bin and just keep paying my £6.25/month for the 12 months then cancel my contract I would be better off!

Why don't you just do that? Then you get a brand new phone and if you want another network pay £10 to unlock it!

That way it costs £6.25/month for 12 months + £10 and then if you do want to make calls you could use the free 240 minutes a month???

Guest celica1.8st

Infact thinking about it I should get myself 10 contract phones for £6.25/month each

ie £62.50 /month then burn the sim cards to avoid accidental use, unlock them all for £100, then sell them as brand new for £150-£200 on ebay. One way to double my money!!

Guest Backflipping

Hi,

Well... I assume I could get hold of a SP3i phone with a broken screen for about £70, put my screen in it, and sell it in a new conditon for over £200 (thats about what they go for on eBay). So... That would make my profit £130 - so I would accept about that as a minimum price for just the phone - which assuming there are still some other working bits left (inc. a main motherboard!), is quite a good price i think...

As for damage... there is minor cosmetic damage, inside the case (where I leverd it apart - but this is not visible when the phone is together. Very little external or visible cosmetic damage. All electronics are perfect, including the screen, which is in perfect condition, along with the camera, motherboard, speaker, mic, vibrator, etc...

Tim

Edited by Backflipping