SPV C500 Boot Phone Pin Code

Guest scaundle

Guest scaundle

Hi,

How do I remove the Pin Code from one of our company SPV C500's.

We have had a member of staff leave and do not know what he set this to.

I have tried a Hard Reset but when it boots back up I am asked for the unlock code.

Do I need to send it back to Orange?

Thanks In advance.

Steve. UK

Guest Confused Stu

To the best of my knowledge the only way to get past this is to get the phone back to Orange.

Also, if someone does know a way round this I would suggest NOT posting the reply. While I have no reason to disbelieve Steve, and PLEASE don't take this personally, we only have his word that he is the genuine owner of the phone. Orange would be able to determine this for sure and hence correct the problem.

Also, even if Steve is 100% genuine (and again, please don't take this post as a personal insult, I have no idea who you are and am sure you are actually a nice, lay abiding guy!) there is no guarantee that anyone else reading this topic is too. For all we know, someone could post an answer here and then Mr Dodgy Thief wanders past the forum and now knows which phones to nick down the pub!

Remember kids - don't have nightmares! :D

Guest tudor

I was looking forward to someone answering the question, just in case it will ever happen to me (I hope not!).

@Confused Stu:

I think you are right about keeping this as a security measure, but I also think that if one has his/her phone stolen, one can call the operator and block the IMEI.

People buying an SPV on PAYG and moving to other networks or other countries, or even peple who legitimately bought a phone, are entitled to full control over it, including resetting the security code.

Guest Confused Stu

I think you're probably right Tudor, re-reading my post (and Steve's) I'm pretty sure I over-reacted with my reply. Sorry.

I am on drugs for my paranoia. Well, I'm on drugs and you never know - they MAY help with my paranoia!! :D

Guest tudor
I am on drugs for my paranoia.  Well, I'm on drugs and you never know - they MAY help with my paranoia!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your point of view was fair.

Guest Confucious

I still want to know what a

lay abiding guy!
is!

:D

If you enter the wrong code a few times doesn't it ask for your PUK? Which you can obtain from Orange (you should have got it with the phone IIRC) Or am I thinking of something completely different?

Guest tudor

Hmm... I'm confused...

Steve said "How do I remove the Pin Code from one of our company SPV C500's.".

Is he talking about the phone's lock code, or the PIN code set in the SIM? If it's about the PIN for the SIM, there's no need to send the phone, and Confucious is right. If it's the phone... that's another story, and I'd like to know the solution for that.

My understanding was that the problem is caused by the phone lock.

Guest scaundle

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the information and you only have my word for this but it is a genuine question.

It's not a SIM Pin code as if I put a new card in the phone I'm still asked for the PIN.

With regards to entering the Pin wrongly a number of times it does not ask for the PUK code.

Have spoken to Orange but as usual they seem less than helpful, if no-one knows the answer I will indeed have to send it back to Orange for them to take a look but the have stated that they do not feel they will be able to unlock the phone either.

This is a problem for us as we have 25 SPV's for company use and cannot disable the 'Pin' on start-up functionality.

Worse case is having to get in touch with HTC, but again I don’t hold out much hope.

If anyone does have any further information I can supply a temporary email address.

Regards

Steve

Guest mavisdavis

Just reflash it with the latest Rom. It'll wipe everything on the phone including Security codes and reset them back to factory settings. Its that easy :D

How do I know...

I have a memory like a siv and have forgotten my code more times than Ive picked it up.lol So now I no longer bother,

As was mentioned in an earlier post I'll just call up O and get them to block the Emei it if I ever lost it.

I hope to god I haven't just aided in a criminal activity.

God forgive me for all my sins :D