c500 cracked lcd screen

Guest usdiver

Guest usdiver

I have a c500 with a cracked lcd screen. It lights up but is blurry. My question is...is it possible to use a lcd screen from the e200 to replace the one in the c500? They look the same size...but I don't want to mess it up. The e200 can be bought cheaper than the cost to just send in the c500 and have a new screen put in. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know a source where one could buy the silver facias for the c500 as I don't like the black finish...? Thanks

Guest vijovame
I have a c500 with a cracked lcd screen. It lights up but is blurry. My question is...is it possible to use a lcd screen from the e200 to replace the one in the c500? They look the same size...but I don't want to mess it up. The e200 can be bought cheaper than the cost to just send in the c500 and have a new screen put in. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know a source where one could buy the silver facias for the c500 as I don't like the black finish...? Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Talk with this guy....

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=203625 :D

Vijovame

Guest usdiver

I've asked a little about the situation elsewhere here, but having looked around on the net, I've found a place who I think can get me the lcd screen. Normally I'd send it to HTC, but the price I paid for the phone in addition to having it repaired is quite costly, more than buying a new one. For any one out there that has bit the bullet and removed the facia/ and or took your phone apart for one reason or another, can you tell me if the lcd screen plugs into something or is it a soldering job, or will it require much technical expertise? The same with the cover? The front facia cover is cracked and also the lcd screen. the screen lights up but all you see are some colors and a big black spot in the middle. (it was this way when I bought it, but didn't know it was as bad as it is. HTC wants £90 for the lcd screen and £28 for the facia and for what I paid for the phone, I'm prepared to bite the bullet and lose the warranty if it will save me the grief of paying a total of £194 for a second hand phone...any help or ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I'm desperate to sort this out...also, anyone know where I can get a lcd screen and facia? that is...if this other source doesn't work out?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Topics merged no need to start another thread on this.

Best thing you can do is get your money back. Regarding the losing of the warranty, normally warranties cannot be transfered so as the phone is secondhand chances are it does not hvae have one.

Guest usdiver

Topics merged no need to start another thread on this.

thanks for the advice. gettiing my money back i think will be impossible...but selling it...unless of course I can find a screen would be my best bet. As far as the warranty, they told me at one time if I provided proof of purchase (on even a second hand phone) then any applicable warranty would be honored.