C500 Headphones and Media Player 10

Guest crestj

Guest crestj

I'm replacing the headphones that came with my C500 and don't really know the compatibility issues involved.

I want the mic still and wanted them to be the "over the ear" type.

I've found these but don't want to order ones that won't pick up calls, etc on my C500.

http://www.seidio-europe.com/ProductDetail...HEORSOVSP3%2DSL

http://www.powersystemsdirect.com/Jabra/Ea...25MM302_833.php

Also, does anyone know when Media Player 10 will be available for my Orange C500? The current media player isn't very good and BetaPlayer doesn't play wma files!

Thanks

Tony

Guest dottydog1uk

the headsets that come with the SPVs are the most annoying part of the deal, I know people who have soldered bits of headsets together to get the right size jack plus mic plus comforatable headset. Let me know how you get on. I use my phone to listen to music all he time and these things are too uncomforatble. Out of the two products you've posted only one appears to have two headphones, do you use the phone to listen to music 'coz that would drive me mad? If anyone has a solution that doesn't involved soldering - or using an adapter, they're too big - i'd really appreciate it too.

Guest crestj

harrelson - Can you give me more details of the BetaPlayer playlist syncing?

Do you mean a playlist in Media Player on my PC or on the phone?

Guest puckster

Another option would be to associate the WMA file extension with BetaPlayer.

This is easily done by selecting Options > Settings and then selecting the File Associations page. There you can simply tick a box for the files you want BetaPlayer to play when executing them from Explorer etc.

As i dont have any WMA's on hand to test i'm not sure what this will do to Media Player when you play WMA's but if it stuffs things up to much all you should need to do is untick the box again in the settings.

HTH

Chris

Guest puckster
On my version of BetaPlayer (v0.04) there is no option to select wma as a file association to BetaPlayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops sorry, i just remembered i'm running the beta (so called unstable) version 0.96 and it has the WMA setting, sorry for the confusion.

I havent noticed any instabilities with it but i only really play mp3's and avi's

Chris