Specifying where programs install on SD card?

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Hi all, just been installing progs on my MDA III through Activesync onto my new 1gig SD card and annoyed to find I can't work out how to specify WHERE the folder/program should be created/installed. At the moment I can only get progs to install in the root director of the SD card.

Anyone know a way of forcing Activesync to install all programs to a 'Program Files' folder on storage card?

Guest ed561nola
Hi all, just been installing progs on my MDA III through Activesync onto my new 1gig SD card and annoyed to find I can't work out how to specify WHERE the folder/program should be created/installed. At the moment I can only get progs to install in the root director of the SD card.

Anyone know a way of forcing Activesync to install all programs to a 'Program Files' folder on storage card?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:roll: I think u have to look thru your register and modify the key entry that selects the destination on your storage card, good luck.

Guest fraser
:roll: I think u have to look thru your register and modify the key entry that selects the destination on your storage card, good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd recommend NOT doing that. One of the most common causes of bugs in software are hard-coded paths. Deviating from default directories is a little iffy at best on a PC, let alone on a device when you have to hack the registry! This will cause problems on some apps as this will not have been tested.