active sync prob with bluesoleil bt dongle

Guest rudalawa

Guest rudalawa

hi there i've read all previous posts and they cant seem to help me!!

i've just bought the c500 (great phone by the way) and i've also bought a bluesoleil bluetooth dongle now all the forum's cover this subject but because this is a bluesoleil bluetooth dongle it doesn't allow me to designate inbound and outbound ports for activesync and thus no active sync is possible, i dont have windows xp service pack 2 as reccomended by a friend because of its software issues with my wireless router. so i was wondering if it was possible to install any old peice of bt software that allows active sync or do i have to buy a new dongle!!!!!!

any help appreciated

Guest vijovame
hi there i've read all previous posts and they cant seem to help me!!

i've just bought the c500 (great phone by the way) and i've also bought a bluesoleil bluetooth dongle now all the forum's cover this subject but because this is a bluesoleil bluetooth dongle it doesn't allow me to designate inbound and outbound ports for activesync and thus no active sync is possible, i dont have windows xp service pack 2 as reccomended by a friend because of its software issues with my wireless router. so i was wondering if it was possible to install any old peice of bt software that allows active sync or do i have to buy a new dongle!!!!!!

any help appreciated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But you activate the inbound and the outbound coms on the phone first? if not the dongle can't find the ports....