Serious Backlight Issue

Guest Seraphic

Guest Seraphic

Hi all,

I've had my C500 for a few days now, it's been working ok besides one very annoying (and potentially show-stopping problem); if I leave the phone unactive for a period of time the backlight goes off (as you'd expect). The problem is that when I go to use the phone again then, 8 times out of 10 the backlight will not come back on. I've checked to make sure I have the latest software on the phone from Orange, I've tried covering the sensor at the bottom of the phone, I've tried changing homescreen timeout to never and display timeout to never (backlight timeout is set at 60 seconds). I've also tried disabling the light sensor but none of these seems to fix the problem. I have to restart the phone in order to get it working again, this isn't acceptable. I've searched the forums for a solution but I can't find one. Any help you could give me would be much appreicated. Thanks in advance.

Guest vijovame
Hi all,

I've had my C500 for a few days now, it's been working ok besides one very annoying (and potentially show-stopping problem); if I leave the phone unactive for a period of time the backlight goes off (as you'd expect). The problem is that when I go to use the phone again then, 8 times out of 10 the backlight will not come back on. I've checked to make sure I have the latest software on the phone from Orange, I've tried covering the sensor at the bottom of the phone, I've tried changing homescreen timeout to never and display timeout to never (backlight timeout is set at 60 seconds). I've also tried disabling the light sensor but none of these seems to fix the problem. I have to restart the phone in order to get it working again, this isn't acceptable. I've searched the forums for a solution but I can't find one. Any help you could give me would be much appreicated. Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you locking your phone? Ihave the same problem only if i lock the keypad on the phone.....

Guest Seraphic
Are you locking your phone? Ihave the same problem only if i lock the keypad on the phone.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep it's when I lock the keypad. I tried the imate rom as well and it has the same bug. Anyone know of a fix?

Guest xenophobe

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it does that by design.... if you lock your phone, then you're keeping it from doing stuff accidentally... i.e. accidental speed dialing, turning on the backlight while in a purse or pocket and draining your battery, etc... I mean, if you left it in your pocket all day, and you find that every time it's moved the backlight came on and drained half of your battery away, you'd be upset about that.... right?

Guest Seraphic
Actually, I'm pretty sure that it does that by design.... if you lock your phone, then you're keeping it from doing stuff accidentally...  i.e. accidental speed dialing, turning on the backlight while in a purse or pocket and draining your battery, etc...  I mean, if you left it in your pocket all day, and you find that every time it's moved the backlight came on and drained half of your battery away, you'd be upset about that.... right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is that when I unlock the phone the backlight still doesn't come back on! I have to restart the phone and sometimes pull the battery out to get it working again!

Guest Seraphic

Actually I discovered last night that it doesn't just happen when I lock the keypad. I didn't lock the keypad before I went to bed last night and it still happened this morning when I got up. Please, any suggestions would be much appreciated.