Answer Delay

Guest riven

Guest riven

I seem to remember reading in a forum that there was a registry key that can be edited to change the 3 second delay when answering a phone call, but for the life of me, I cannot fidn it. Does anyone know where this registry entry is, or how else to shorten the delay when answering a phone call?

I've got my phone set to answer when flipped open, but there is still a delay to start talking, and its getting to be a pain in the butt..... Any help is appreciated!

::cheers::

Guest kuvulmaz
I seem to remember reading in a forum that there was a registry key that can be edited to change the 3 second delay when answering a phone call, but for the life of me, I cannot fidn it.  Does anyone know where this registry entry is, or how else to shorten the delay when answering a phone call?

I've got my phone set to answer when flipped open, but there is still a delay to start talking, and its getting to be a pain in the butt.....  Any help is appreciated!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The software at the following link claims to solve that issue, but I do not know the registry trick how to do it.

http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/sta...050317130430805

Also you may want to check the similar posts in howardforums:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...answer+%2Bdelay

Please let us know if you sort it out.

Kuvulmaz

Guest Imacellphone

Yeah it seems other people are encountering this as well....if a simple restart doesn't fix it, it might be worth calling up the moto folks and having them take a stab at it. sounds like it should be fairly easily fixable tho.

Guest kuvulmaz
Yeah it seems other people are encountering this as well....if a simple restart doesn't fix it, it might be worth calling up the moto folks and having them take a stab at it.  sounds like it should be fairly easily fixable tho.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I downloaded and installed tweaks2k2 software but it did not help to solve the delay program.

Guest riven
I downloaded and installed tweaks2k2 software but it did not help to solve the delay program.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should have some time this weekend to look through the registry. I'll see if there's anything there and let you all know...

Guest riven
I should have some time this weekend to look through the registry.  I'll see if there's anything there and let you all know...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone is reading this.... I did a little searching around, but found nothing yet. IF I ever do, I'll post it here...

Guest kuvulmaz
If anyone is reading this.... I did a little searching around, but found nothing yet.  IF I ever do, I'll post it here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi riven, I am reading and waiting :D

hope you find something, I also searched the registry but could not find anything..

Guest KaZoN

I also have the same problem when answering a call.

And yes its a damn pain.

I personally dont think motorola got this phone right, shame though as I waited for it for soooo long

Edited by KaZoN

Guest riven

I'm just about to give up. I've been searching through my registry and have found a few promising keys, but none of them turned out to be the one I needed. IF I ever find it, I'll post it, but I'm going to give up for awhile and just drink some beers. :D/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest laskuh
I'm just about to give up.  I've been searching through my registry and have found a few promising keys, but none of them turned out to be the one I needed.  IF I ever find it, I'll post it, but I'm going to give up for awhile and just drink some beers.  ;)/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont think anything short of a different firmware is going to fix this for you. i have the problem too on 1.25 but didnt have it on cingular 1.3. im about to switch back.

Guest riven
i dont think anything short of a different firmware is going to fix this for you. i have the problem too on 1.25 but didnt have it on cingular 1.3. im about to switch back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you think of 1.25? Mine came with 1.15 (EU version) already installed. I've gotten access to some of the others (1.25, 1.29, 1.33, etc) but have heard that 1.25 is pretty much the only non-Chinese ROM to use. I'm wondering if its worth putting 1.25 on if I've got no problem with 1.15.

.:cheers:.

Guest fincan
What do you think of 1.25?  Mine came with 1.15 (EU version) already installed.  I've gotten access to some of the others (1.25, 1.29, 1.33, etc) but have heard that 1.25 is pretty much the only non-Chinese ROM to use.  I'm wondering if its worth putting 1.25 on if I've got no problem with 1.15.

.:cheers:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if it's not broken, don't fix it ;)

I seem to remember reading in a forum that there was a registry key that can be edited to change the 3 second delay when answering a phone call, but for the life of me, I cannot fidn it.  Does anyone know where this registry entry is, or how else to shorten the delay when answering a phone call?

I've got my phone set to answer when flipped open, but there is still a delay to start talking, and its getting to be a pain in the butt.....  Any help is appreciated!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do all firmware versions have this answer delay? Or is this only a bug related to a specific version?

Guest riven
Do all firmware versions have this answer delay? Or is this only a bug related to a specific version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not really a bug...more of an annoyance. I have my phone set to answer on flip, but when I flip it open, it shows the picture of the person calling (even though I already saw it on the external LCD) for another 2-3 seconds and THEN answers.

I'm just looking to fix that....IF its possible.

...and I usually follow that seem creedo, fincan.....if it ain't broke, DON'T fix it!

(just still want to know more about the 1.25 code)

So if I have it on answer upon pressing the accept key I wont have any answer delay? This answer delay is the only thing I am wondering about. It seems like there is no other phone out there with same features and looks for this price.

Guest jeavis
So if I have it on answer upon pressing the accept key I wont have any answer delay? This answer delay is the only thing I am wondering about. It seems like there is no other phone out there with same features and looks for this price.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's really not that bad. After a while you get used to it. I'm sure it will be fixed in a firmware update.

Yes, but what I meant was that is this delay only when you have it on "answer on flip"? So I don't have any delay if I have it on "answer upon pressing the accept key"?

Guest laskuh

its always there, at least in 1.25. answer or no answer on flip. it doesnt occur for me in 1.3, but the audio is worse in 1.3.

odd that theyd have it fixed in 1.3 (1.03) and then when 1.25 comes out, it has that problem. im guessing that they dont do much testing of their firmware ;)

surprise surprise.

Guest kuvulmaz
It's really not that bad.  After a while you get used to it.  I'm sure it will be fixed in a firmware update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, I got used to it already..

But do not mind fixing it sometime ;)

Guest Paraklas

This is so weird... Mine takes less than a second to answer the call once the shell is opened. Running 1.03 Cingular HW revision .6

Edited by Paraklas

Guest badbob001

When I answer the phone by flipping it open, I hear sound from the other side but it seems like it takes a moment before they can hear me. Is this incoming-audio-only a symptom of the problem? I may need to call myself from another phone to verify.

I have an unbranded/OEM phone.

I'm not sure which version number is relevant:

Operator: 0.320.1001.0

Manufacturer: 1.220.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.14326.0

Language: 0.160.0.0

File System: 4.21.14326.0

HW Ver.: 6

Edited by badbob001

Guest laskuh

yes. cingular rom doesnt have this problem. too bad the volume on it is a mess ;)

thats why we are forced to splice roms and try and get the best of every world ;)

dang moto.

Guest riven

But I'm not using a spliced ROM. I'm using the latest EU 1.15, which sounds like Cingular's 1.03 without the branding...(and apparently the slight delay).

I've gotten used to it, but kept messing me up for awhile...

Guest laskuh
But I'm not using a spliced ROM.  I'm using the latest EU 1.15, which sounds like Cingular's 1.03 without the branding...(and apparently the slight delay).

I've gotten used to it, but kept messing me up for awhile...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm.. if it has the delay, its likely to be more similar to 1.25 - this rom is not that far removed from cingular's 1.3. can you find the date on your rom?

thanks.

Edited by laskuh