Best Smart 'Flip' Phone available?

Guest zim_zimmer

Guest zim_zimmer

Hi...

I would just like to get some advice on a Smart FlipPhone?

I've already got a SPV C500, but was interested in getting a FLIP PHONE... can anyone recommend a flip as good as or better than the SPV C500. For reasonably the same price if preferable and also I've got a 512mb mini SD so if that can fit in it too that would be great.

Can't wait to hear the suggestions!!

Thanks

Paul

Guest zim_zimmer

Thats what I thought... apparently there is something bad about the camera or the screen, can't remeber which though?

Anyone know??

Guest Confucious

No UK network has it because it fails quality controls from what I gather.

There is no phone that matches the C500 in any form factor. Why do you want a flip anyway?

Guest zim_zimmer
There is no phone that matches the C500 in any form factor. Why do you want a flip anyway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know really... just got the urge to get a flip phone. But I still REALLY want a phone thats powered by Windows Mobile.

So no UK network has the MPx200? Where did it fail on quality??

Guest squall

no network has the MPX220 yet. I dont buy into the quality thing, the original spv had issues as does the c500... Still o2 may want there first smartphone to be perfet i suppose

The mpx200 was released by orange in the uk. Remember there is a big difference between the mpx200 and the mpx220!

Guest zim_zimmer

Yeah you can underline and make the font size 128 for the word 'Big' in big differences!! NO BLUETOOTH and NO INTEGRATED CAMERA... why have a MPx200!!

Nope.... was definitely thinking along the lines of a MPx220 or another similar spec Flip Phone.

Need help!!

Guest TigerNet

...have to say a mpx 220 landed on my doorstep a few days ago. I have been playing with it for nearly a week and I have to say I like it...it is the 'flip' version of the C500/SP3 in most respects...

If you want more info, let me know...

Cheers

Nick

Guest zim_zimmer
...have to say a mpx 220 landed on my doorstep a few days ago. I have been playing with it for nearly a week and I have to say I like it...it is the 'flip' version of the C500/SP3 in most respects...

If you want more info, let me know...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep... more info please!!

Can you tell me whether it differs in any way from the C500?? Also any downsides compared to the C500 please!!!

Guest nikjensie

If I'm not mistaken, and Nick, let me know if it has any significance, but the reason I didn't get the MPX220 was the fact that the screen is a 2.0" TFT instead of of a 2.2" like on the C500...

Nik

Guest zim_zimmer
If I'm not mistaken, and Nick, let me know if it has any significance, but the reason I didn't get the MPX220 was the fact that the screen is a 2.0" TFT instead of of a 2.2" like on the C500...

Nik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that is true mate, the screen is 2" rather than 2.2"... does it make that much of a difference though?

Guest TigerNet
Yes that is true mate,  the screen is 2" rather than 2.2"...  does it make that much of a difference though?

Hadn't noticed to be honest...doesn't make any difference to me at all...

Cheers

Nick

Guest TigerNet
Yep... more info please!! 

Can you tell me whether it differs in any way from the C500??  Also any downsides compared to the C500 please!!!

...differs from the C500...well it's a flip phone for starters!!! :D

...it really appears to be pretty much the same phone in it's operation and software...a couple of quirks (such as the '.' on the mpx220 in iTap mode is in a different place and Photo Contacts is not pre-installed) but other than that, it is really the form factor that is different...

...it is easier to 'select/enter' on the mpx220 as you don't have the rocker as wtih the C500...

...I will post any other major differences I come across or answer any questions as best I can...

Cheers

Nick

Guest zim_zimmer
...differs from the C500...well it's a flip phone for starters!!! :D

...it really appears to be pretty much the same phone in it's operation and software...a couple of quirks (such as the '.' on the mpx220 in iTap mode is in a different place and Photo Contacts is not pre-installed) but other than that, it is really the form factor that is different...

...it is easier to 'select/enter' on the mpx220 as you don't have the rocker as wtih the C500...

...I will post any other major differences I come across or answer any questions as best I can...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mate!! Any idea where I can get a cheapish one??

Guest xda-rocks

I waited over a year for the MPx220 to be launched in the UK. I got the C500 in the mean time and loved it. I got the MPx220 about a month ago from eXpansys and (as I love flip phones) like it even more than the C500 - mainly because I never really got used to the strange rocker/joystick on the C500. The pictures from my MPx220 are fine - no camera probs. Personally, I believe that you should make a decision of ownership based on whether you like flip or candybar phones and get the one you like he most - they both do just about the same things otherwise.

Guest MrDSL
no network has the MPX220 yet. I dont buy into the quality thing

There is a reason why Cingular has completly pulled this phone from their lineup and by reading all the complaints at howardforums it would seem there is some kind of quality issue along the line somewhere..

Guest zim_zimmer
There is a reason why Cingular has completly pulled this phone from their lineup and by reading all the complaints at howardforums it would seem there is some kind of quality issue along the line somewhere..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The MPx220 sounds very good then... I don't suppose anyone has a list of Clamshell/Flip phones that run MICROSOFT WINDOWS MOBILE do they?

Guest pacey2g

i think the samsung i600 is one, but its not available in EU as far as i know,

and theres a few mitac models

Edited by pacey2g

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The Mitac 8390 is the only other flip available. It doesn't have bluetooth though unfortunately. The i600 is a CDMA (or whatever the standard in the US is) phone, so will not work in the UK or EU...

Guest Drewtech

I also had an MPX200 and loved it and was waiting for the 220 but got bored waiting so got a C500. I have to say that I love the C500 and am not bothered that i no longer have a flip. In fact, I now prefer not to have the flip. It is easier to answer the C500 because you don't have to open it. Also, I use far more apps on the C500 than I did on the MPX200 and if I used them on an MPX220 the phone would be open most of the time so the flip becomes almost redundant. The final thing is that I like the rocker for scrolling up and down, not so keen on left/right and select can be a pain but I still prefer it to the MPX200 version.

Anyway this is just all my opinion and ignore it at your pleasure.