So should I get the C500?

Guest pjam001

Guest pjam001

Sorry if this has been done to death.

I have been reading about the C500 and although being a gadget freak love the idea of the smartphone features, do the problems with the C500, e.g dust, make people with they hadn't bothered?

Due an upgrade in the next week or so.

Thanks

Guest Seraphic

I wish I hadn't have bothered, I got dust under the screen and backlight issues and I've only had it for a week or so. I've had it unlocked so I don't want to send it back.

Guest Lord Kordir
I wish I hadn't have bothered, I got dust under the screen and backlight issues and I've only had it for a week or so. I've had it unlocked so I don't want to send it back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've only had mine just over a week and am very tempted to send it back to Orange. I'm paranoid about the dust issues and overall durability, something that never crossed my mind with the quality SE z600 I had before this. Only problem is, Orange don't really do an equivalent alternative :roll:

Edited by Lord Kordir

Guest snake_ub

I'v had a c500 for about a month now and i love it i havnt had any major problems with it, a tiny amount of dust has got in (covers about 3 pixels) but is barely noticeable the phone is 10x better than the nokia i had before

Guest pjam001

What was the nokia you had before?

How do things like the Nokia 3230/6680/6230/6630 & 7610 compare. There's alot of Nokias around at the moment.

cheers, I don't want to make the wrong descision. I know I can send it back within 14 days but it's a pain.

Why can't these phones just be perfect. I had a similar thing with my current moto V600, got a crack but had it repared for free and no other problems, apart from the occasional lock up.

cheers

Guest pjam001

I've now read about things like the backlight issue where it doesn't turn in the cold or after being left for a while.

Has anyone had a trouble free c500? Is there a poll somewhere?

Guest mcwarre
I've only had mine just over a week and am very tempted to send it back to Orange. I'm paranoid about the dust issues and overall durability, something that never crossed my mind with the quality SE z600 I had before this. Only problem is, Orange don't really do an equivalent alternative  :roll:

So you havent had a problem? Just worried? Like marriage really. Gotta take the plunge sometime. Never regretted it! Can't afford to :D

Get the C500. Its minor probs are far outshined by its qualities. Like a woman really......

Guest pjam001

My wife laughed at that one.

I suppose I do like my V600 despite the original reports of bugs.

Thinking about it, when something like this has bugs it gives you more of an excuse to mess with it.

So you would say it has an "acceptable" amount of bugs and none are real show stoppers?

Guest snake_ub
What was the nokia you had before?

How do things like the Nokia 3230/6680/6230/6630 & 7610 compare.  There's alot of Nokias around at the moment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i had a 3410i, then a 5210i then a 3300 they were good but all broke

Guest jporch316

Dont forget - the majority of bugs (dust backlight etc) are all minoe and dont affect the majority otherwise they would have to stop selling the phone.

Never had any problems with mine (Im sure many other will say the same) apart from the cumbersome Caller Id (not important enough to worry about)

Get it

Guest scm7rap
Dont forget  -  the majority of bugs (dust backlight etc) are all minoe and dont affect the majority otherwise they would have to stop selling the phone.

Never had any problems with mine (Im sure many other will say the same) apart from the cumbersome Caller Id (not important enough to worry about)

Get it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I've had mine since Christmas and haven't had any problems. I like it - I can watch DVD's for goodness sake. That's great!!

Guest skaramanga

I've had mine for about 3 months now, and I love it. Don't have any problems at all that I can think of! Just think some features can be long-winded to operate, like bluetooth. And bluetooth seems good, as I can Activesync O:), and its good with a headset too.

Overall very happy.

Guest pjam001

Thanks for those positive feedbacks.

The thing is, I do really want the phone and the positive feedback addresses some of my fears about it.

It is true that people usually leave feedback about faults rather than how good something is. Can't wait until April 9th when my 12 month contract is up and Orange will offer me an upgrade.

Guest jporch316

On the other hand I just read on www.coolsmartphone.com that the Orange C550 is due for release in May - you may wanna hold on and get one of them

Guest Dark Horse

The C500 is a great moby but whichever HTC handset you go for, make sure you invest in a Dustbuster as well. HTC should be giving these away for free with all handsets!

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest pjam001

What sort of price was the c500 offered at for low tariff upgrades when it first came out? I would think the c550 would be pricey when it first comes out. I wouldn't mind having an spv with 3G though, maybe the c550 will have this. (cheaper per Mb of data from Orange)

Guest xerxes

I've had mine since November. Carry it around in my pocket every day and never use a case.

I don't have any dust at all and I've had no problems that I cannot pin down to software or dumb user errors.

Guest whitestar

The Pay as You Go price for the phone has now dropped to £130 with trade in, personally I'm now really torn between buying the C500 om Pay as You Go or an MPX 220 on contract. Decisions, decisions!!