internet pass through

Guest bkdarch

Guest bkdarch

Does anyone know if the internet pass through feature works with activesync and the mpx220? Ive used it with an Ipaq so I wanted to get this thing to do a bluetooth pass through (i'd even take a cabled pass through at this point) so I can surf at DSL speeds at home rather than the snail pace 40k via GPRS.

THanks for any comments.

Guest dchester

How to setup Internet Pass through:

On the PC:

In ActiveSync, click on Tools -> Options... -> Rules

When you see the Pass Through section, set the connection to The Internet.

On the Phone:

Connect the phone to the PC via ActiveSync.

Go into Settings -> Data Connections

Under Internet Connection, change the setting to Pass through connection (this pick is not available if the phone isn't connected to the PC).

Save this setting and launch IE

In IE, make the menu selections Options -> Connections

Set On "Automatically detect settings" and under Select network, pick "The Internet"

You should be all set. The phone will now use Passthrough to get to the Internet when connected via Activesync, and will use Wireless Internet (GPRS) when not connected to the PC.

Hope this helps

Guest bkdarch

thanks- it works- funny thing is- I called motorola directly and they told me it didnt work-- what a bunch of losers-- get some real techies-- the guys they fired from dell just arent cutting it! :D

Guest fincan
Anyone have any suggestions on the best usb bluetooth adapter to use for enabling passthrough??  Hows it work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the cheapest one :D

I'm using a belkin adapter (I bought it from compusa for 19.99 after a $30 rebate a month ago) but you can use any BT adapter for it. Mine is a class 1 dongle (100m - 300ft range) but since our phones BT range is roughly 10meters (30ft), it isn't important how strong you usb adaptor is.

Guest tw1511

How can I tell if while my MPx220 is in the cradle, if it's using the connection via the PC or the phones wireless connection? Further more, why would I want to access the internet and the likes while the phone is connected to the PC, I might as well use the PC, no? Or am I missing something...

:?:

Guest squall

1. if using gprs on the phone a g will appear on the signal bar. this is not the case when using pass through

2. Sharing the pc's connecting is useful, ie when dloading direct from net to the phone, checking email in the on the move (on a pc which has active sync)

On smartphones with bt you can also use the pass through connection wirelessly from maybe anywhere in your house for example

Guest dchester
How can I tell if while my MPx220 is in the cradle, if it's using the connection via the PC or the phones wireless connection?  Further more, why would I want to access the internet and the likes while the phone is connected to the PC, I might as well use the PC, no? Or am I missing something...

:?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Downloading Java programs to the phone is one use. The only way I've been able to get Java programs to work with the JVM on the phone (jeodek.exe) is to use IE on the phone to download the JAD file for the Java program, which will then launch Jeodek to setup the Java program.