T Mobile MDA Compact does not open, need HELP!

Guest Texas_30

Guest Texas_30

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board and I read nearly all threads about MDA. I bought my T Mobile MDA Compact 2 weeks ago from Germany. Yesterday while I was trying to change its language to English its locked. I installed Windows 2003 SE then device restarted but not open anymore. Now I can not open it. When I try to open it on the top of the screen it writes "Seial" and at tthe bottom it writes "1.00 Version". What should I do? I need immediate assistant; can anybody help me to make my MDA Compact working again?

Thanks

AE

Guest SkUk21
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board and I read nearly all threads about MDA. I bought my T Mobile MDA Compact 2 weeks ago from Germany. Yesterday while I was trying to change its language to English its locked. I installed Windows 2003 SE then device restarted but not open anymore. Now I can not open it. When I try to open it on the top of the screen it writes "Seial" and at tthe bottom it writes "1.00 Version". What should I do? I need immediate assistant; can anybody help me to make my MDA Compact working again?

Thanks

AE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean you installed windows 2000 se? you mean you installed a new rom?

have you tried a hard reset? press power and reset together//

Guest MitchellO

By open, do you mean turn it on? Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Changing the language typically requires you to modify the new ROM file so that it appears to be from the original (in your case german) language, but is actually another (your case english). I suggest you download the latest MDA Compact ROM in german (the devices original language) and try to reflash it. Then worry about changing the language.

Guest Texas_30
By open, do you mean turn it on? Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Changing the language typically requires you to modify the new ROM file so that it appears to be from the original (in your case german) language, but is actually another (your case english). I suggest you download the latest MDA Compact ROM in german (the devices original language) and try to reflash it. Then worry about changing the language.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Mitchello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The file name was Windows Mobile 2003 SE but it is a new ROM. When I run the program first it checked the information from my Compact then it gave a message about my current ROM and below it it wrote it will upgraded to 1.05.. something like that. Then I hit the next button It started to upgrade but at the end my device tried to restart but it did not turn on. Now I can not turn it on. I tried hard reset, soft reset, replacing the battery but it does not turn on. On the screen; at the top it writes "Serial" and at the bottom "v1.00. Thats all. Actually you are right I need to find the the latest "MDA Compact ROM in german" and download it and reflash. But I did not find the program upto now. And I have another question if I found the program how will I install it to my device (MDA compact) because it does not turn on? Can I install it in this situation?

Thanks

AE

Guest MitchellO

You can typically recover from a botch rom upgrade. Turn the PDA on, with the screen saying serial like you said, connect to the computer and give it a shot.