New SPV C500 Sync and Charging Dock in Production

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MitchellO

Thats weird! I figured it would be the same as for my phone, as mine works fine without Activesync for charging. It made sense that if this was the case for my Mini it would work with others that use USB Charging.

It worked on my old PDAs that I had charge/sync cables for (iPAQ 1930, 2210, 4355). Sorry!!

Edited by MitchellO

Guest mobile-distortion

There was allready someone here selling some pretty sweet cradles (someone from canada) made from ABS and rubberized. Black cables too. I bought one and loved it. I tried doing a search for it but can't find the thread. Too bad HE never got front page exposure. :D His were alot less expensive too. I believe I spent $18 US shipped.

PDA's have an option to enable charging from USB. I've not seen one on SmartPhones hence they need AS to enable this functionality.

With the option disabled they won't charge either, this is certainly the case with IPAQs so I presume XDAs.

Guest Muzza

I like it, good work 8)

I have read your response to the LED and the cable question.

Personally, i could live without the led, but would like a black cable just to coordinate the 'look'.

I reckon £15 would be reasonable as it's not an object you need, just one that's convenient. (in my opinion anyway)

P.S everybody look, bitch fight in the other ebay auction!!

If you ship to the USA and the cable color matches the cradle (all black is preferred) then I'm in!

It would be a big bonus if there was a usb connector and I could attach/detach the wall leads and computer leads as Paul mentioned.

Guest dj_sea

i think about £10 would be a good price to pay, becuse if it is any more people wont by it, and stick with there original cables that is suppiled with the phone. or you could do it for £20 and include a free bluetooth headset or somthing. just a thought

Guest Fizz_daz

would love one if it had just a connection for a usb cable. As stated above... could use a normal charger, or usb cable for sync... I use a charger at work as we are not allowed to connect equipment to the PC's so a nice desk stand would be really nice.... 8)

Guest stern
PDA's have an option to enable charging from USB. I've not seen one on SmartPhones hence they need AS to enable this functionality.

With the option disabled they won't charge either, this is certainly the case with IPAQs so I presume XDAs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This subject has been extensivley covered in the Typhoon section. it's to do with pins on the USB connecter.

do a search for car charger and read about it there

Guest dj_sea

i think that something like £15 with a free (normal) headset (styled to a similar style that the dock is) would be well worth it!! if that was the case i would go and get one now.

Guest muddy250

£2.50 inc C500, tomtom mobile 5, bluetooth gps & headset and a fortnight in Hawaii...any takers? oh and I forgot to mention the £1000 spends for the Hawaii trip... :D

PS 3 more on ebay now if anyones interested, different cables.

I think that £2.50 with a free C500 would be ideal!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by muddy250

Guest muddy250

you buy it, I'll go, always fancied some really big waves!

I would be interested but I don't fancy Hawaii so I'll have to pass :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Win2Kuser

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, been away for a few days;

Unfortunately, I dropped a bollock on that, the cradle I got was for the SP3i which is completely different to the SP3. I remember reading somewhere that the SP3 is the same phone as the SPVC500, and put two and two together :oops:

My sincere appologies to Muddy for my comments, I should have made sure I knew what I was on about before posting.

I did do a google for SPVC500 and SP3 craddles, and phones2udirect.co.uk are supplying cradles for their SP3's. I emailed them this morning asking if the SP3 cradle is compatible with the SPVC500 and got a reply back this evening;

This the second such query we have received on the weekend. They are

compatible, as they are basically the same phone, but at present we

cannot source these accessories (the ones supplied with new phones are

part of the boxed package). They will be available in the imminent

future, but we are waiting for our suppliers to get these in.

So it looks like something will be available soon, but when I don't know, so Muddy, I would suggest you get your model out in numbers asap :D

Is the handango similar, I've seen a few things on google about cradles for that also :shrug:

Sorry once again...

Guest muddy250

You wouldn't think it so hard to get one would you! At a reasonable price that is.

IWILL GET SOME THOUGH! :?:

sorry, but I gotta have a matching cable.... I know, anal... but it looks great otherwise!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest MitchellO

Does it say "The Dock" on the front? That would be good, I would know what that black plastic dome on my desk is for :D Looks great though, but as said would be perfect with a black cable. Strange it is the hardest to find.

Guest muddy250

It does say "The Dock" just a reminder for the days when you arrive stil worse for wear...bugger about the black cables ain't it :D

Does it say "The Dock" on the front? That would be good, I would know what that black plastic dome on my desk is for :D Looks great though, but as said would be perfect with a black cable. Strange it is the hardest to find.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest MitchellO

Yeah. It is strange that you can't get black at the same or cheaper price than other colours (except maybe white). The only black USB Mini cable I have came with my XDA II Mini.

Guest muddy250

I found a black one for my Canon A85, bargain at £28.99 I thought :exclaim:

Yeah. It is strange that you can't get black at the same or cheaper price than other colours (except maybe white). The only black USB Mini cable I have came with my XDA II Mini.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.